It’s been awhile since I’ve been to the Kebab Shop. But I was recently invited to come in and try the menu again and I happily accepted.
I revisited the one in Mira Mesa and was happy to see they have expanded to include two new locations in Encinitas, CA and Little Italy. The Kebab Shop serves up the kind of food you’re used to seeing at Greek places, but slightly different. Their main item are their Doner Kebabs (sort of like a …
Daphne’s has undergone a transformation, becoming Daphne’s California Greek last year and offering more and diverse items on their menu. One of their newest additions are their new shrimp items.
[Crispy Shrimp Pita Sandwich with two sides]
The crispy shrimp has been on the menu before, but never before in a pita sandwich. I got the Shrimp Gyro meal with two sides – greek salad and rice pilaf.
The shrimp itself was nicely done – crisp with a bit of herbs that are in …
Onto the next free birthday food!
Today’s my actual birthday, in case you were wondering. What will I be doing today? Getting a massage. Getting some free foods. And probably going to Eclipse Chocolat for a pumpkin spice cupcake. It doesn’t hurt that through the rest of the year on Tuesdays they’re giving a free truffle every Tuesday with a $5 purchase. Sign me up!
Anyway, onto the free birthday eats! This time around I went to Daphne’s California Greek. Earlier this …
It seems to happen every year around this time. Birthdays. Everyone has one and how you celebrate – whether you ignore it or embrace it – is a matter of personal taste. Awhile ago I signed up for as many restaurant clubs as I could muster, to see what kind of goodies I could get in celebration of my birthday. It’s a fun way to celebrate for a longer period of time and to make yourself feel a little extra …
Canada Steak Burger is a place that Jake and I passed many times. He’s had a few people tell him the food is good but we seemed to always forget about it. We tried stopping in before this visit but couldn’t find any parking; the lot is very small and there’s not always street parking around. The gods shone down on us on this day though as we grabbed a spot in the teeny parking lot and made our way …
A recent restaurant addition to the Mira Mesa area is The Kebab Shop. Their original location is downtown on 9th and Market but this is my first time visiting one of their establishments. The Kebab Shop took over for the old Starbucks location in the Ralphs shopping mall (oh my god, they actually removed a Starbucks instead of adding a new one!) and whatever vacant store front was next door to it. I noticed they were renovating the place a …
Usually when I think of mall food, I think of overpriced treats that are only marginally tasty. But I have discovered a place in Parkway Plaza in El Cajon that has really good gyros. No joke.
The place is called “Pacific Grill”. It’s in the corner of the food court next to the parking lot. It’s pretty unassuming at first glance. But after coming here a few time for gyro’s, I must say it’s quite a tasty place to visit, especially …
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!