Not too long ago I had heard about this new cookie shop opening up… inside of a gas station! I was invited to the grand opening, but wasn’t able to make it in, but then I was offered a chance to come in and sample the cookies.
As if I could possibly turn down a cookie tasting. COME ON.
Zooies is inside of the APRO 26 (76 gas station) which is apart of the United Oil Co. and is located on Market Street …
Simple post time! Mostly because I want to go finish this book I’m reading called Reboot. It’s basically a book about a girl who died and was “rebooted” and came back to life – now she’s stronger and faster before, almost kind of like a vampire… but not a vampire. More like a human devoid of emotions. There’s a thread of dystopia running through the novel and I have only a few chapters left until I’m done! Hence the short …
After heading out of the pretty mountains at Big Bear, we headed out to Palm Springs! Since it was late October it was not super hot like it is in the summer, but it’s actually more “San Diego-like” temperatures – in the 70′s. On the way to Palm Springs we stopped at Cabazon Outlet mall. That place has got a bunch of “fancy” stores like Armani and Coach and a bunch of brands I’ve never heard of because I’m not …
We’re heading into Friday and I have just enough energy to do a short post! We did a quick revisit to Yogurt Swirl after we got Manny’s Taco’s.
This is the large portion and it’s a healthy amount to share between three adults and one kid. We selected the Watermelon Shaved Snow which we topped with nonpareils, strawberry pop jelly things and mango.
I really liked the strawberry pop jelly things. I don’t know the real name of them, I just call …
I’m going to do the free birthday stuff over a few posts this time to break it all instead of hitting you with it all at once. Cool? Cool.
Today’s focus will be on the “fast food/take out” version of the freebies.
[salsa verde shrimp tacos combo / $7.99]
Rubio’s is one of the birthday meals that I have done consistently over the last few years. Not much has changed in the terms of what you get, which is a free meal worth …
Today is my birthday.
I was going to do a regular post but then it seemed silly to not acknowledge my own birthday on my own blog. So here I am, acknowledging it.
I was a little freaked out a few years ago when I passed the thirty mark, but now I’m pretty much over it. Life is good. I’m in a good place, I have an awesome family, great friends and co-workers, and a really stellar guy in my life. Things …
Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar opened up in Mission Valley over the summer. It is a part of a Southern California chain and this is the first location to open in San Diego. I was recently invited to come in and check it out for myself. Jake and Maya both got to come with me and we were able to check out the dog-friendly patio at this huge location!
We started the night off with some chicken wings in a …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....