Not too long ago I had heard about this new cookie shop opening up… inside of a gas station! I was invited to the grand opening, but wasn’t able to make it in, but then I was offered a chance to come in and sample the cookies.
As if I could possibly turn down a cookie tasting. COME ON.
Zooies is inside of the APRO 26 (76 gas station) which is apart of the United Oil Co. and is located on Market Street …
Back to Big Bear posts!
The next day when we woke up after arriving in Big Bear, there was a nice dusting of snow everywhere.
My shiny car got it’s first layer of snow as well! After a little breakfast, we headed out to explore a bit of the area.
There was lots of pretty scenery and lovely trees everywhere. We tried to visit the Discovery Center and the Park Ranger station but they were both closed that day. We ended up just …
Manny’s “TJ” Taco’s used have a cart/business down in Normal Heights back in the day. Jake and I discovered it and took our friend, Chris, there on his first visit out here. The next year Manny’s was kicked out of their spot and moved to a full-time catering business. Occasionally, Manny’s “TJ” Taco’s will do public events around town to sell tacos and we had not seen him out and about in quite awhile. But recently, by the luck of the …
This post is written as a part of ShopMoxie’s Best of the US Series!
San Diego is filled to the brim with fancy places here and there. As a local, you’ll rarely find me eating out Downtown or in the touristy parts of San Diego (I’m looking at you, Old Town). Instead, I like checking out the little hole in the walls for some really awesomely good and awesomely cheap eats.
1) El Comal in North Park
3946 Illinois Street, San Diego, CA …
For our last venture out before heading back to San Diego, we tried to go to a place I scouted out called Taqueria 2 Guys. Sadly, they were closed for some reason though their website said they should be open. I guess they were closed for the Labor Day holiday… even though it wasn’t actually Labor Day yet? We decided to instead go to a place we passed by on the way in.
On the outside, it says this place is …
When we were leaving the Civil War Reenactment, we passed right by the Donuttery. It was on my list of places to visit and I think I sort of moaned out at Jake that we just passed a donut place I wanted to go to. You see, I had gotten heat sickness while at the Civil War thing. It came on so suddenly while we were standing and listening to some tales of the blockade runners in the South and …
When I think of El Salvador now, I totally think of pupusas. Not that I really think about El Salvador all that much but now I can’t disassociate the two, but that’s okay because pupusas are DELICIOUS. More on those later. Let’s get on with the review!
Jake and I recently visited the other El Salvadorean restaurant in San Diego, appropriately called Restaurante El Salvadoreno.
[ensalada / 16oz for $2 or 32oz for $4]
I started off with an Ensalada drink. Whenever I …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....