I’m always trying to find different and interesting places to dine and luckily my co-workers are willing to go with me to untested places for lunch. Tropical Star Restaurant & Specialty Market caught my eye because it offered an interesting number of Latin American foods. They feature Puerto Rican food but also have a little bit of “this and that” from other Latin cultures, creating an interesting mix of items available for feeding your belly.
Tropical Star is located in a …
I’ve been too busy baking to do a proper post. Please stop by and visit us in Pacific Beach tomorrow for the San Diego Food Blogger Bake Sale!
My menu for tomorrow:
Hope to see you there!
The first time I ever went to Elidia’s Bakery was because of Jake and his love of trying new taco shops. He wanted to check out this place that can be seen right off Fairmount in City Heights. While the taco shop turned out to be nothing special, I did drag us over to Elidia’s Bakery first for some treats. We’ve back a few times since that first time and I finally snapped a few photos on one of my …
My co-worker David really wanted us all to try yakitori at this one spot that he really loved and arranged this outing to Yokohama Yakitori Koubou for us. It’s a Japanese place filled with delicious grilled things on a stick! Meat on a stick – doesn’t that sound awesome?
I’m that one person that always asks for a fork. Chopsticks and I just don’t really get along very well. I’m sure this is because I haven’t ever practiced, but the last …
Sloppy’s Burritos is a new Mexican restaurant in Hillcrest with a focus on serving sustainable, local and healthy ingredients. I was invited recently to come in and try out the food at their new restaurant located on University in the heart of Hillcrest (just across the street from Bread & Cie).
We quickly met up with the co-owner, Matt (aka Sloppy), who introduced us to the restaurant and gave us a quick tour of the menu.
Everything served here is organic, sustainable, …
I haven’t been to Hodad’s in forever. The last time I went was when Alyssa (my good friend and long ago writer for this blog) actually lived here, and it’s been many moons since she moved away. I remember we sat in the “van” seat and felt like we were in our own bubble away from the rest of the crowd. I’ve been wanting to revisit it lately and already had a failed attempt at going to the Downtown location. …
My dad got a coupon to Tacos de Mexicali and so I copied him and got the same coupon for myself thanks to Google Offers. The promise of handmade tortillas is a serious draw and one recent evening Jake, T and I went over to check it out. It’s not too far from where Jake lives making it easily accessible to us. Always a plus.
Their menu is fairly simple. They have a variety of grilled meats available in taco, burrito …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (13)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (8)
- Christina: I have liked your post on facebook!
- Christina: I love my SWEET baked treats. Chocolate chip cookies with nuts. Just simple and delicious. =)
- Madeleine: Liked on FB.
- Madeleine: Chocolate chip cookies always have been (and probably always will be!) my favorite baked treat indulgence. I could eat them every day!