It was Heather’s birthday this week and I wanted to make dinner for her. Because I love her. And because I like making delicious food. Stacey also joined us for an evening of mushrooms, cheese and lots of wine.
This is Heather! She’s holding one of the gifts I got for her, a product called Spiced Beer Jelly. I bought it on Fab.com and it came in a two pack along with a jar of strawberry balsamic jelly (which we also …
When we visited D Bar for our bacon crawl, I knew we’d be back. We didn’t try any of the desserts that day and I was ITCHING to try them. Just a peek made me salivate and after a few weeks Jake and I were finally able to go back for brunch.
We just happened to go the same day as Taste of Hillcrest, but we went early enough that the meandering crowds did not affect us in any way. T …
Jake is here to give us the scoop about Islands Restaurants. We were invited again. I told him he had to write the review this time. So he did.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
Well I am writing my first “official” blog this week for Mary (my awesome girlfriend!) We were invited to Islands for the third time. …
Last week I posted pictures of what I made for Jake for our 6th anniversary and this post will be about our anniversary dinner out!
Recently, LivingSocial ran a promo for Donovan’s Prime Seafood in Downtown San Diego and I couldn’t pass it up. It seemed like the a great opportunity to check out a fancy pants place and celebrate our anniversary all at once!
Our reservations were made with Open Table which I really like because it’s really easy to make …
I haven’t been to Hodad’s in forever. The last time I went was when Alyssa (my good friend and long ago writer for this blog) actually lived here, and it’s been many moons since she moved away. I remember we sat in the “van” seat and felt like we were in our own bubble away from the rest of the crowd. I’ve been wanting to revisit it lately and already had a failed attempt at going to the Downtown location. …
One very recent Friday night, I wanted to go out for burgers. Jake and I made our way Downtown to go to Hodad’s. I thought it wouldn’t be so bad… until we tried to park. And, being people who don’t live around the city, we don’t like to pay for parking. Maybe that makes us spoiled or something but when I see I have to pay $10 for parking, I immediately get distraught. Jake talked me into going someplace else …
Bridges Bar | Grill | Bay is a new bar/restaurant that opened near the College Area. It’s a “San Francisco” themed bar, though I don’t really remember anything particularly “San Francisco” about it. Though, I could have just been oblivious since it was so loud in here that I didn’t feel like lingering.
I managed to pick up a deal for Bridges on LivingSocial. Jake was my date one Friday evening and we ventured over for dinner.
The place was packed and …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (10)
- Kate B: And I liked this post on FB, under the name Ka Barr.
- Kate B: My favorite baked treat is soft pretzels! With a little apricot mustard dipping sauce, I could eat a whole batch, no prob! Thanks for the opportunity.
- Christina: I have liked your post on facebook!
- Christina: I love my SWEET baked treats. Chocolate chip cookies with nuts. Just simple and delicious. =)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (13)