Time for some chain restaurant dining reviews! Woo! Last week my momma won big at the casino and took us all out to dinner to Red Lobster to celebrate. Since she was buying, she choose the restaurant. Big time rollers here, you know. Let’s see how Red Lobster is doing these days, shall we?
[cheddar bay biscuits]
I’ve cloned these cheddar biscuits back in the day but the real thing is still mighty tasty with that hint of garlic, a little bit …
My original interest in Romesco Mexiterranean Bistro was that I had seen them on Eater 38 San Diego list. And then I saw a coupon deal for them on LivingSocial (or something similar) which I bought and Jake, S. and I went for dinner one evening in late December. I didn’t have my regular camera with me at the time, only my iPhone!
[albondigas al chipotle - beef meat balls in a mild bacon chipotle cream sauce / $4.95]
Jake and …
Last month I had the pleasure of dining with a few other very lovely bloggers: Kirbie of Kirbie’s Cravings (the organizer), CC of Pink Candles at Ridgemont High, Cathy of mmm-yoso, C of CAB Cooks, Darlene of My Burning Kitchen, Jinxi from Jinxi Eats and myself. The place of choice? Que Huong in City Heights.
I had visited Que Huong one other time and I don’t remember what I tried, but I remember not being very impressed. This time around though, …
Here’s my final Restaurant Week post! I’m a slacker.
I had a $25 dining card that was given to me on my last visit to the Headquarters in December. It was a crazy fun blogger thing that gave us all a glimpse into the coolness of the new Headquarters, which is located at the old Police Station Headquarters from back in the day (hence the name). I made reservations for Heather and I at 7:30 on a Wednesday night. Heather came …
Last month I was invited to check out the new French Concession restaurant in Hillcrest – an operation that’s got a menu chock full of tasty sounding dim sum items. It’s not the traditional dim sum as there are no carts being pushed around but rather a menu full of various offerings that you choose from. I’ve never had “real” dim sum with carts and all, but one day I will (oh, yes I will).
My friend, Laura, came with me …
If you’re looking for an alternative way to celebrate the coming of the New Year, something a little more on the sober side, you might want to check out some of the holiday “Mocktails” that a few restaurants have got on tap this season.
There are three participants in North Coastal Prevention Coalition’s 2nd annual Holly Jolly Mocktails helping to spread some sober, festive cheer this season.
1) “Holiday Peppermint Patty” – Casa De Bandini: A chocolate and peppermint concoction which makes me …
Oh my goodness. It’s December. Where did the year go?! I don’t think I’m prepared for this whole Christmas thing yet, especially not when it’s been in the 70′s lately. Ahh, the glamorous life of a San Diegan.
To celebrate December, and to celebrate the start of the Christmas season, I am in the gift giving mood with a $50 gift card to Daphne’s California Greek Cafe (thanks to Daphne’s and their generous ways). I was also able to pick a …
Last month I was invited to attend a media dinner at the new Vessel Restaurant inside of the Kona Kai Resort out on Shelter Island. It was a stormy, rainy evening filled with delicious drinks and wines, great company and fantastic food! I brought Heather along to be my hot date for the evening.
These are the menu’s at each place setting so we could drool over the thought of the courses that would be coming our way that evening.
And a …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)