When we were leaving the Civil War Reenactment, we passed right by the Donuttery. It was on my list of places to visit and I think I sort of moaned out at Jake that we just passed a donut place I wanted to go to. You see, I had gotten heat sickness while at the Civil War thing. It came on so suddenly while we were standing and listening to some tales of the blockade runners in the South and …
I’m too lazy and too tired to do a “real” post for today. Work has been crazy busy and when I get home now, I pretty must just want to veg out and *not* be in front of a computer. Instead, I bring you a small glimpse of fall:
In the way of donuts, anyway. The sprinkles on this donut reminds me of autumn with the mostly bits of reds and orange. I wish we had more color changes in the …
* If you haven’t already, don’t forgot to enter to win a cupcake from Yummy Cupcakes in Encintas, CA! Contest ends today at 8PM! Enter here, my friends.
Is this another donut post? Why, yes. Yes, it is. Because it’s almost the weekend and I don’t feel like doing another loooooong post. Instead, on this fine, fine Friday in August – I give you donuts. The day before I go and have to wake up early to do the Color Run …
If you know me at all, you know I love cupcakes. When I was invited to come and check out a new cupcake shop in town, I was totally on board even if I had to drive allllll the way up to Encintas to get my hands on the cupcakes! The newest shop in town is called Yummy Cupcakes, the first one to open up shop in San Diego (though they have two other locations in Los Angeles and two …
I’ve had numerous people tell me about Peterson’s Donut Corner up in Escondido, CA. I knew they had giant donuts, they were really, good, and all that jazz. But Escondido was kinda far…
Around Christmas last year Jake and I made a special trip up to Escondido just to score some donuts. But that mission was a FAIL when we saw that they were closed for two weeks for a Christmas break. Just my luck, to try and visit a normally …
Earlier this month for Jake’s Mom’s birthday, I made her a cake!
A lemon bundt cake – pound cake kind of thing. I decided to call it “lemon bliss” because it’s blissfully delicious. It’s based on a recipe I found on the King Arthur Flour’s website with a couple of little additions.
This cake doesn’t have frosting on it, but it does have lemon glaze which soaks into the cake for a day or two. It’s a great thing to bring to …
I decided to do an easy post today because I am tired from Mother Nature beating me up this past Saturday. Story at the end of this post, if you are interested in the non-food side of things.
A couple weekends ago, Jake, T, my dad and I went up to Anaheim to catch an Angels vs. Red Sox game. It was my present to my dad for his birthday, since he’s a Red Sox fan and hardly ever gets to …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....