Ramen! Who knew it was more than just that packaged crap that they sell for dirt cheap at the store? There’s actually like an art to it, and a good bowl of ramen (or anything) can make the world a finer place.
I went here with my co-workers first, and then I made Jake and our out-of-towner friend Chris go again just so I could have more ramen in my belly. Ramen Yamadaya is actually a Southern California chain from LA …
Reminder: Don’t forgot to enter to win a $100 gift card to Islands Restaurants!
I was recently invited to check out Cafe Japengo, a sushi/Japanese restaurant in La Jolla. They were bringing back bento boxes to their menu and I came in to check those out with my co-worker Lauren in tow. Sadly she’s now my ex co-worker since she left the whole state! This was one of our last lunches together, sniff sniff!
I decided to get a pomegranate green iced …
There’s this spot in Mira Mesa that seems like such a good spot for a little restaurant… and yet, over the years it’s been quite a few things. Originally it was a Hungry Howie’s Pizza, then it changed into one of those $5 pizza places, then it was a Pho shop, and THEN it was called Po & Pho – a Vietnamese and Po Boy sandwich shop. A few months ago Po & Pho shut down (probably due to it’s …
I decided to do an easy post today because I am tired from Mother Nature beating me up this past Saturday. Story at the end of this post, if you are interested in the non-food side of things.
A couple weekends ago, Jake, T, my dad and I went up to Anaheim to catch an Angels vs. Red Sox game. It was my present to my dad for his birthday, since he’s a Red Sox fan and hardly ever gets to …
I’ve read about Ristorante Kaz on a few blogs so far and finally felt the pressing need to visit. I made it over here on one of my weekly co-worker lunches to try out their prix fixe lunch.
You get to pick one item from under each heading. The first item is the standard or you can upgrade for an additional fee. For the pasta, there are 4 categories, each increasing in price as you go down the list.
And you get …
My co-worker David really wanted us all to try yakitori at this one spot that he really loved and arranged this outing to Yokohama Yakitori Koubou for us. It’s a Japanese place filled with delicious grilled things on a stick! Meat on a stick – doesn’t that sound awesome?
I’m that one person that always asks for a fork. Chopsticks and I just don’t really get along very well. I’m sure this is because I haven’t ever practiced, but the last …
Red Moon Noodle House has been around since last year. A few bloggers have made the rounds here, but it wasn’t until I saw on Convoy Conquest that there was a “secret” menu item that I felt a strong urge to visit.
Red Moon Noodle House started having lunch hours during weekdays in mid-January so this place got tossed into the Friday lunch rotation with my co-workers. Little did I know just how terrible parking would be – the lot that …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....