Hello! We are back with another little tidbit about Harry’s Coffee Shop – the place my minion friend, David, wrote about last week. If you need a refresher, go and check out his review on Harry’s again. Go on, I’ll wait.
Okay, awesome! So now that you’d refreshed your memory, I’ve got a giveaway that should have gone with the post last week… but oh well. It’s happening today instead. Harry’s Coffee Shop wants to treat FIVE lovely readers to a …
Nestled in downtown La Jolla, Harry’s Coffee Shop is an established landmark that’s been serving up breakfast and lunch since 1960. Now run by the family’s second generation, the restaurant is a throwback to traditional east coast diners with a long counter, vinyl booths, Norman Rockwell prints and vintage sports memorabilia lining the walls. It’s warm, comfortable and familiar.
One of the stops for the Dishcrawl in North Park tomorrow will be Swoon Dessert Bar. I was lucky enough to get a little preview of Swoon to see what kind of dessert offerings they have at this dessert bar. I was excited to try it out since I’ve been wanting to visit for quite awhile.
[scottish caramel tea]
I started off with a hot tea to ease into the dessert tasting that came a bit later. This was a Pu-erh tea …
Hot drinks and booze. What more could you ask for this holiday season? Islands is offering these specialty drinks just in time to help you “get through the holidays” and I took it upon myself to try them out. You know, for you guys. For research. Totally.
There are three coffees to choose from.
[from l-r: cocomo, calypso, irish]
Each one brings a little something different to the coffee. If you come and have all three together (it is the holidays after all, …
Let me just say right off the bat… I was skeptical. A gluten free restaurant with baked goods and regular food? Could this possibly be any good? As someone who doesn’t shun gluten at all and doesn’t have food allergies, I wasn’t sure how this whole experience would go down. But since I got invited to come in and check it out, I was willing to take the risk. And I have to say… I was pleasantly surprised.
[inside the cafe]
I’ve had kind of a love and hate relationship with coffee the past few months. I like to have coffee, but for awhile, I was unable to have it at all. It really tended to tie my stomach up in knots and drinking a cup of coffee made my stomach unhappy for a whole day. I laid off the stuff for awhile until I started taking probotics on a regular basis to help ease my stomach woes. I’m happy to …
I used to frequent Big Joy Family Bakery back in the day but hadn’t been there in quite some time. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it. Until I saw these beautiful, brightly colored french macarons on CC’s (one of many posts!) and CAB’s blogs, reminding me all about this place!
Course, it took me awhile to finally make it over here. But so glad I did!
I love, love, love the colors on these beautiful little airy cookies.
Let’s see if …
Kicking off the summer season in true The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf style, the SoCal coffee retailer will debut two limited-time Ice Blended beverage flavors, Cookies and Cream and Espresso and Cream, and return with the customer favorite Mocha Mint Chip, during its open house May 10th from 4-7PM. Guests who visit their local The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf during this window will receive a complimentary 12 oz Iced Blended specialty drink in one of the ice …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....