I’ve been wanting to take Jake here for a long ass time and a few weeks ago I was finally able to take him! We tried to go a few times this week, mistakenly making the attempt on the weekend or during prime sports game viewing periods. These are NOT the ideal times to go since Rocky’s is not a big place. We ended up going one Wednesday evening after Jake’s first league softball game (his team’s name? Ball Busters. …
Since it’s been awhile since I took some of these photos, I must come to the conclusion I’ll never do a “proper” full-fledged post. And since I’m feeling lazy before the big start of the holidays, you get this mis-match of photos and little stories of a few places I visited with my co-workers.
On Friday’s I give my co-workers a choice between two places – usually places I really want to visit or sound interesting to me. Here’s a few …
Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar opened up in Mission Valley over the summer. It is a part of a Southern California chain and this is the first location to open in San Diego. I was recently invited to come in and check it out for myself. Jake and Maya both got to come with me and we were able to check out the dog-friendly patio at this huge location!
We started the night off with some chicken wings in a …
Last month I was invited to Ballast Point’s release party for their very first whiskey called Devil’s Share! The release party took place at Eureka! in UTC.
You can totally bet that I was singing “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket” when I given this! I managed to not dance around though and sadly, there was no chocolate involved. But there was whiskey! And beer! And appetizers. Mmm.
Stacey was my cohort for the evening since when I think of whiskey, I think …
Taco Tuesdays are a huge thing here in San Diego. It usually means a special deal on mini tacos at various taco shops and bars around town. But at Ballast Point Brewery in Scripps Ranch they’re doing things a little differently with Root Cellar Catering Co. The tacos here are all made with different Ballast Point beers, putting a unique twist on the typical taco.
Root Cellar Catering Co. is a husband and wife team (Jamie and Marie) who have put …
Bridges Bar | Grill | Bay is a new bar/restaurant that opened near the College Area. It’s a “San Francisco” themed bar, though I don’t really remember anything particularly “San Francisco” about it. Though, I could have just been oblivious since it was so loud in here that I didn’t feel like lingering.
I managed to pick up a deal for Bridges on LivingSocial. Jake was my date one Friday evening and we ventured over for dinner.
The place was packed and …
Company Pub & Kitchen is a gastropub in the heart of Poway, adding to their lineup of restaurants and “boozy” places in town. Laura and I came here one evening before we continued on with our marathon of “Downton Abbey”. I started watching Downton Abbey earlier this year and immediately knew Laura would also be into it – we’re both fans of English dramas and have major soft spots for Mr. Darcy (the BBC TV version, of course – hello, …
I don’t usually document negative experiences but:
A) I’m tired
B) I decided I don’t care
C) I’m doing a service for you guys, right?
D) I’m too tired to think of a D.
Anyway. Bear (bare? no, definitely bear. I’m definitely tired if I’m leaving these inane comments in) with me for a few minutes.
I had a Groupon for the La Jolla Brew House and I dragged Jake along with me since the coupon was about to expire. It seemed like a really good …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....