Other bloggers are doing like “Best of 2013!” posts, but not me. We are just chugging right along with more reviews here like a whole new year isn’t happening tomorrow.
If I were to do one of those Best of! posts, this breakfast might actually make the list. So we’re ending the year on a high note, at least! Stacey alerted me to this most awesome of breakfast specials over at Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad, CA. I used to be …
I was invited recently to go and check out Firehouse Subs, a sandwich shop that’s apart of a larger nationwide chain. The cool thing about Firehouse Subs is how much they give back to the community and their support of local firehouses.
For instance, you can purchase one of these used pickle buckets for $2. All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety, whose goal is to provide funding, life-saving equipment, disaster assistance and educational opportunities for first responders and public …
Jake and I visited Fat Sal’s when they first opened. Jake is a huge fan of Entourage and he was pretty excited to see a venture where one of the co-owners (Jerry Ferrara) was from that show. Honestly though, that first visit we had was not too impressive: semi-cold sandwiches (which were supposed to be hot), smooshed sandwiches and funky flavors kind of made us wonder about the place. Then I went to the Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk and had …
The best thing about read food blogs and having blogger friends is finding out about neat places that you would otherwise never ever know about, or would probably never try out. I had seen a post on CC’s blog Pink Candles at Ridgemont High about MJ’s Yogurt Time and Deli. Specifically, I saw this magical thing called “longanisa fries” I knew it was something I had to try! She was nice enough to send me some coupons as well – …
My dad is originally from Massachusetts. In our immediate family, my dad was pretty much the only one to leave and I’m the only Californian in our family. I attended Boston University for my college years and even though I was too poor in college to really enjoy the fruitful Bostonian restaurant scene, I did later develop a love for Boston related foods, such as clam chowda, fried whole belly clams and lobster rolls. Bite of Boston helps to relive …
Last month I was invited to go to the Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk. Since it was held in mid-May, of course the clouds rolled in early and made for a gray evening. But no matter – Laura and I still did our fare share of walking and visited 13 of the 28 restaurants on the list. Not bad!
[honey goat cheese crostini at moray's in the catamaran hotel]
We started at the end of the list and worked our way …
Over Labor Day weekend this year, Jake, the kids and I headed up to Huntington Beach for the Civil War Reenactment that weekend. I got really interested in Civil War history after taking a few history classes in college at Boston University – I started liking history so much that it was my concentration (I was a little too lazy to actually minor in it though).
For the past two years, Jake and I have gone up to Calico for their …
The Lemon Grove Deli is a little restaurant that’s nestled in the heart of Lemon Grove. It’s in amongst the many little shops and businesses in Downtown Lemon Grove, near the trolley station. The Lemon Grove Deli serves up some mean breakfast and then also does sandwiches in the afternoons. You can stop by on Sunday and get breakfast until 2PM – which is what Jake and I did on a recent weekend.
This is one of my “adventures in groupons!” …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (1)
- Faye: Minion!!! Oh, it’s so nice to see you post again. I’ve been wanting to try this place. I called them the other day to inquire about their...
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)