Canada Steak Burger is a place that Jake and I passed many times. He’s had a few people tell him the food is good but we seemed to always forget about it. We tried stopping in before this visit but couldn’t find any parking; the lot is very small and there’s not always street parking around. The gods shone down on us on this day though as we grabbed a spot in the teeny parking lot and made our way inside.
Since we had only passed by, we didn’t know that this place sold Greek food – we thought it was just a burger joint! But they have a full menu with gyros, various sandwiches (philly cheesesteaks, blt’s, chicken sandwiches), porterhouse steak (!), shrimp and other Greek items like Souvlaki, Falafel and Spanakopita. We took it easy and just ordered burgers – with gyros on top!
I’m sorry this picture kind of sucks – you can’t really see the gyros under the cheese, but it’s there! A good amount of gyros were placed on top of my burger (I got the 6oz – $3.49 – plus .99 cents for the gyro addition). It was a juicy burger and the gyros were a nice, additional flavor onto the meat. The gyro meat is also cooked well – who would have ever thought to add it to a burger (except for these guys)? Excellent idea!
If you’re ever cruising up University Ave. and spot this little joint, it’s highly recommended that you stop in for a bite. They’ve got a varied menu to try and the prices are pretty decent!
Canada Steak Burger
3604 University Ave
San Diego, CA 92104
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (2)
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...