You know I don’t do the gluten-free thing, but I like trying new things. I was given the opportunity to try our Chef Anthony Russo’s new line of all natural gluten-free pizzas. These are frozen pizzas bringing another product to the market for a gluten-free product.
I haven’t always had the best of luck trying gluten-free products so I was maybe a little wary about this one. But adventurous about it in any case!
Chef Russo has a few flavors out for …
I had the opportunity to review a few new products from the San Diego based Sunsweet Bakery. Now I’m sure you probably associate “Sunsweet” with “Prunes” since they usually make a bunch of prune stuff that no one really seems to want to talk about. But they’re coming out with a new line of baked goods that use their “Plum Amazins” products… which… is sort of repacking prunes to be way more hip and appealing to the masses.
You stick the …
Last summer when Jake and I started going to Foster’s Freeze a lot I noticed a little restaurant across the way called Brother’s Family Restaurant. It looked like a cute little diner type place nestled in the old strip mall. This part of town reminds me of a small town with a little strip for it’s “Downtown” area. I got a group deal so we could check this place out and we visited Brother’s Family Restaurant last month for breakfast.
Sometimes you get lonely, over ripened, sad bananas. But they’re not sad! They’re happy! Because they can be transformed from their sad, mushy state into something wonderful, like banana bread. Even people who don’t like bananas (*ahem*, me) like banana bread so you can’t go wrong here.
Sometimes you’ll start thinking about things you never think about, like Elvis (because someone in your house was recently watching an Elvis movie marathon) and then you’ll make the magical connection of peanut butter …
Jake, T and I were in my ‘hood one Saturday afternoon and I decided I wanted to try this Filipino place. But then when we got to the Filipino place, I remember that the Original Pancake House was right next door and I suddenly wanted pancakes instead! Sometimes I just don’t know where my stomach is going to take me.
I haven’t been to this location in forever, but it’s pretty much the same as the one in Clairemont.
Here are some …
Over Labor Day weekend this year, Jake, the kids and I headed up to Huntington Beach for the Civil War Reenactment that weekend. I got really interested in Civil War history after taking a few history classes in college at Boston University – I started liking history so much that it was my concentration (I was a little too lazy to actually minor in it though).
For the past two years, Jake and I have gone up to Calico for their …
The Lemon Grove Deli is a little restaurant that’s nestled in the heart of Lemon Grove. It’s in amongst the many little shops and businesses in Downtown Lemon Grove, near the trolley station. The Lemon Grove Deli serves up some mean breakfast and then also does sandwiches in the afternoons. You can stop by on Sunday and get breakfast until 2PM – which is what Jake and I did on a recent weekend.
This is one of my “adventures in groupons!” …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (10)
- Kate B: And I liked this post on FB, under the name Ka Barr.
- Kate B: My favorite baked treat is soft pretzels! With a little apricot mustard dipping sauce, I could eat a whole batch, no prob! Thanks for the opportunity.
- Christina: I have liked your post on facebook!
- Christina: I love my SWEET baked treats. Chocolate chip cookies with nuts. Just simple and delicious. =)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (13)