Last Saturday when it was all crazy rainy and stuff, I had to take my car in for service for it’s very first (and hopefully only) recall. It was going to take hours and they wouldn’t give me a rental, so I had to blow off most of my Saturday for that. Luckily Jake was willing to come and pick me up and entertain me while my Shiny (yes, that’s what I call it – Firefly thing) was getting looked …
I have one more Restaurant Week thing to post about, but it’s late night on Sunday and it’s too many photos so I don’t wanna. Not yet anyway. Look for that one later this week.
Instead, I’m going to share a little place I discovered for breakfast this weekend. I was heading up to Encinitas to purchase some cupcakes for a Red Velvet Cupcake tasting I organized this weekend (also coming very soon in a post near you) and I had …
I’ve made a lot of banana bread in my life but this one might be my new favorite.
It’s extra moist. It’s got tons of pecans in it. Plus… it has browned butter! Funny thing about the browned butter… I kind of did it by accident. I left my butter unattended on the stove while I was measuring ingridents and the butter had started to brown a little… so I figured I’d just do it all the way.
I needed the butter …
Nestled in downtown La Jolla, Harry’s Coffee Shop is an established landmark that’s been serving up breakfast and lunch since 1960. Now run by the family’s second generation, the restaurant is a throwback to traditional east coast diners with a long counter, vinyl booths, Norman Rockwell prints and vintage sports memorabilia lining the walls. It’s warm, comfortable and familiar.
Other bloggers are doing like “Best of 2013!” posts, but not me. We are just chugging right along with more reviews here like a whole new year isn’t happening tomorrow.
If I were to do one of those Best of! posts, this breakfast might actually make the list. So we’re ending the year on a high note, at least! Stacey alerted me to this most awesome of breakfast specials over at Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad, CA. I used to be …
Back to Big Bear posts!
The next day when we woke up after arriving in Big Bear, there was a nice dusting of snow everywhere.
My shiny car got it’s first layer of snow as well! After a little breakfast, we headed out to explore a bit of the area.
There was lots of pretty scenery and lovely trees everywhere. We tried to visit the Discovery Center and the Park Ranger station but they were both closed that day. We ended up just …
This post is written as a part of ShopMoxie’s Best of the US Series!
San Diego is filled to the brim with fancy places here and there. As a local, you’ll rarely find me eating out Downtown or in the touristy parts of San Diego (I’m looking at you, Old Town). Instead, I like checking out the little hole in the walls for some really awesomely good and awesomely cheap eats.
1) El Comal in North Park
3946 Illinois Street, San Diego, CA …
When we were leaving the Civil War Reenactment, we passed right by the Donuttery. It was on my list of places to visit and I think I sort of moaned out at Jake that we just passed a donut place I wanted to go to. You see, I had gotten heat sickness while at the Civil War thing. It came on so suddenly while we were standing and listening to some tales of the blockade runners in the South and …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....