Archive for Multiple Locations
Recently I was in Los Angeles county for a wedding. When we got off the freeway, Heather had requested a quick stop at a Starbucks for coffee and food and right next door to the Starbucks was this:
Granny’s Donuts & Cookies Too
Yeah, there are only two dots at the end. Maybe they’re trying to say that they sell two things? And therefore only need two dots instead of the full three…
I’ve no idea.
But I chuckled at the name and the …
This was an unplanned visit. Pat & Oscar’s… err, I’m sorry, O’s American Kitchen, is not really one of my favorite places to dine. But, they have really, really awesome breaksticks which does make me want to eat there once in a while, even though I don’t really like the rest of the food there. After Jake, T and I had finished watching Iron Man 3 at Parkway Plaza this weekend, we were on our way out to grab lunch …
Jake is here to give us the scoop about Islands Restaurants. We were invited again. I told him he had to write the review this time. So he did.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
Well I am writing my first “official” blog this week for Mary (my awesome girlfriend!) We were invited to Islands for the third time. …
Last week I posted pictures of what I made for Jake for our 6th anniversary and this post will be about our anniversary dinner out!
Recently, LivingSocial ran a promo for Donovan’s Prime Seafood in Downtown San Diego and I couldn’t pass it up. It seemed like the a great opportunity to check out a fancy pants place and celebrate our anniversary all at once!
Our reservations were made with Open Table which I really like because it’s really easy to make …
I haven’t been to Hodad’s in forever. The last time I went was when Alyssa (my good friend and long ago writer for this blog) actually lived here, and it’s been many moons since she moved away. I remember we sat in the “van” seat and felt like we were in our own bubble away from the rest of the crowd. I’ve been wanting to revisit it lately and already had a failed attempt at going to the Downtown location. …
I don’t go to Rubio’s that often. Once in a blue moon I’ll go on Taco Tuesday and get the original fish tacos for cheap, but they honestly aren’t my favorite. Fish tacos don’t really seem to do it for me, but hey, I’ll try anything again. I got a few coupons to go in and try the tacos again and figured I’d do it and take a friend along with me to check it out.
I got a two-taco combination …
Hot drinks and booze. What more could you ask for this holiday season? Islands is offering these specialty drinks just in time to help you “get through the holidays” and I took it upon myself to try them out. You know, for you guys. For research. Totally.
There are three coffees to choose from.
[from l-r: cocomo, calypso, irish]
Each one brings a little something different to the coffee. If you come and have all three together (it is the holidays after all, …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (23)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (19)