Alyssa and Mary run the The Plain Jane. Alyssa is still around, but most of the content is now written by Mary.
This food blog is a side project, featuring reviews of restaurants in and around Southern California. They review all kinds of restaurants, pulling out their trusty cameras and taking photos of their food while other patrons try not to look at them and wonder why they are taking pictures of their food. Mary writes the majority of the reviews found on the website in the San Diego area. Alyssa now lives in Los Angeles and isn’t a regular anyone but she sometimes makes an appearance for a review in LA.
Email at vicarious at theplainjane.com (remove the spaces).
about this site
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (10)
- jaimee wood: already like Stremick’s on FB
- jaimee wood: liked “this tasty life” on fb
- jaimee wood: my fav is homemade mac & cheese!
- megan: Oops. I mean stremicks.
- megan: I have already been a fan of stemricks on Facebook and I liked this tasty life as well now.
- megan: My favorite dish is homemade mac and cheese.
- Kate B: And I liked Stremicks on facebook as well. (under the name Ka Barr) Thanks again!