This Tasty Life is written by me, Mary Desjean!
This blog is a creative outlet for me and my need/desire to write. With a journalism degree in my back pocket, I wanted a fun way to express myself and got into food blogging one day when my friend, Alyssa and I started photographing all of the food we ate. By day, I am a front end web developer and in my off-time I like to bake, cook, and explore new foods! My boyfriend, Jake, is heavily featured in my posts. His kids sometimes make an appearance as well as my friends and co-workers. I write the way I talk, freely and openly with a bit of humor and snark. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in San Diego!
Want to know a little more?
likes: peanut butter, chocolate, the sound of the rain, indie music, driving with the windows down, puppies, things that are green, cooking for others, baking and giving away most of the things i make, experimenting with recipes, figuring out problems, reading good books, sunsets, the smell of baking cookies, the smell of the ocean, hugs from my dog, bear hugs, little things that amuse me, kindness, dry humor, firefly, joss whedon
dislikes: raisins, pickled anything, traffic jams, people who talk just to hear the sound of their own voice, brussell sprouts, cooked spinach (though uncooked is fine), most country and rap music, dry writing (ie: steinbeck), things on high shelves, awkward silences, bugs that crawl on me, walking into spiderwebs, when my gas light comes on, anything that makes me anxious, being underwater, tootsie rolls
If you need to contact me, you can email me at maryd at theplainjane.com (remove the spaces).
You can also view my media kit, if you are so interested in such things.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- isa.bella artisan pizzeria / clairemont – san diego, ca
- pauly’s pizza joint / miramar – san diego, ca
- college area taste 2014 recap
- valley farm bbq / spring valley, ca
- cape town pub south african fusion / miramar – san diego, ca
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca
- supernatural sandwiches / miramar – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets!
- isa.bella artisan pizzeria / clairemont – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Hi Faye – Hahaha… fiery stripper stage… that sounds dangerous The wings actually managed to stay crunchy even tossed in the sauce!...
- Faye: Is it weird that I thought the patio pic looked like a crazy stripper stage with a trail of fire on it (you know – dang it – what’s...
- mary: Thanks, Leanne!
- mary: Aww, thanks Jinxi
- Leanne: Happy Anniversary!
- Jinxi: Happy anniversary to you & Jake! You guys are adorable
- pauly’s pizza joint / miramar – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Thanks, CC!
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- meandering eats
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats
- gastro bits