This Tasty Life is written by me, Mary Desjean!
This blog is a creative outlet for me and my need/desire to write. With a journalism degree in my back pocket, I wanted a fun way to express myself and got into food blogging one day when my friend, Alyssa and I started photographing all of the food we ate. By day, I am a front end web developer and in my off-time I like to bake, cook, and explore new foods! My boyfriend, Jake, is heavily featured in my posts. His kids sometimes make an appearance as well as my friends and co-workers. I write the way I talk, freely and openly with a bit of humor and snark. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in San Diego!
Want to know a little more?
likes: peanut butter, chocolate, the sound of the rain, indie music, driving with the windows down, puppies, things that are green, cooking for others, baking and giving away most of the things i make, experimenting with recipes, figuring out problems, reading good books, sunsets, the smell of baking cookies, the smell of the ocean, hugs from my dog, bear hugs, little things that amuse me, kindness, dry humor, firefly, joss whedon
dislikes: raisins, pickled anything, traffic jams, people who talk just to hear the sound of their own voice, brussell sprouts, cooked spinach (though uncooked is fine), most country and rap music, dry writing (ie: steinbeck), things on high shelves, awkward silences, bugs that crawl on me, walking into spiderwebs, when my gas light comes on, anything that makes me anxious, being underwater, tootsie rolls
If you need to contact me, you can email me at maryd at theplainjane.com (remove the spaces).
You can also view my media kit, if you are so interested in such things.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...