This Tasty Life is written by me, Mary Desjean!
This blog is a creative outlet for me and my need/desire to write. With a journalism degree in my back pocket, I wanted a fun way to express myself and got into food blogging one day when my friend, Alyssa and I started photographing all of the food we ate. By day, I am a front end web developer and in my off-time I like to bake, cook, and explore new foods! My boyfriend, Jake, is heavily featured in my posts. His kids sometimes make an appearance as well as my friends and co-workers. I write the way I talk, freely and openly with a bit of humor and snark. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in San Diego!
Want to know a little more?
likes: peanut butter, chocolate, the sound of the rain, indie music, driving with the windows down, puppies, things that are green, cooking for others, baking and giving away most of the things i make, experimenting with recipes, figuring out problems, reading good books, sunsets, the smell of baking cookies, the smell of the ocean, hugs from my dog, bear hugs, little things that amuse me, kindness, dry humor, firefly, joss whedon
dislikes: raisins, pickled anything, traffic jams, people who talk just to hear the sound of their own voice, brussell sprouts, cooked spinach (though uncooked is fine), most country and rap music, dry writing (ie: steinbeck), things on high shelves, awkward silences, bugs that crawl on me, walking into spiderwebs, when my gas light comes on, anything that makes me anxious, being underwater, tootsie rolls
If you need to contact me, you can email me at maryd at theplainjane.com (remove the spaces).
You can also view my media kit, if you are so interested in such things.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (3)
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)