I don’t go to Rubio’s that often. Once in a blue moon I’ll go on Taco Tuesday and get the original fish tacos for cheap, but they honestly aren’t my favorite. Fish tacos don’t really seem to do it for me, but hey, I’ll try anything again. I got a few coupons to go in and try the tacos again and figured I’d do it and take a friend along with me to check it out.
I got a two-taco combination …
This is my 7th and final day of a week’s long worth of Eating in LA posts! This post cheats a little though. I’m sure you’ll forgive me.
When I was with Jake and Chris and we were on our way to Porto’s, we spotted this sign in the distance:
We joked about their only being one arch and how it was probably some rip off on McDonald’s until we got closer and realized, “Holy crap, it is a McDonald’s!”
We vowed to …
Got some time off in the afternoon on Friday, March 4th? Then stop by Chick-fil-A for some FREE fries! Between 2 and 4 pm, ketchup lovers who ask for Heinz® Dip & Squeeze® Ketchup at all Chick-fil-A restaurants will receive a FREE medium order of Chick-fil-A Waffle Potato Fries (limit one per customer).
In celebration of the national availability of Heinz® Dip & Squeeze® Ketchup, March 4, 2011 is being declared FREE FryDay at Chick-fil-A® restaurants nationwide.
Heinz Dip & Squeeze …
Five Guys is a national chain fast food restaurant – but without the drive-thru windows. I liken it to In-N-Out in that they have a limited menu and only sell a few things (no chicken sandwiches, nuggets, tacos or other crazy things here). Our friend, Chris, from Florida recommended this place to us after he found out that we actually had one in San Diego. I had been meaning to go, but previously thought the only restaurant was on NAS …
On Tuesday I headed over to Gamestop to pick up my copy of Halo: Reach. I was on my lunch break and needed something quick to eat before heading back to work. I knew there was a Jollibee right next door and I thought, “Well… I’ve never actually been there. I’ll try it out.” I guess my half-Filipino roots were calling out to me to try something that originated in the Philippines, despite the fact that the mascot kind of …
This week, San Diego McDonald’s is hosting a tweetup on Friday, July 16 to introduce its newest beverage – Real Fruit Smoothies.
McDonald’s will be giving away FREE Smoothies (Strawberry Banana and Wild Berry), as well as other munchies, such as Apple Dippers for the kids. Attendees who tweet from the event using the #SDMcD hashtag will walk away with a prize pack (including coupons for free Smoothies and other McDonald’s swag), while supplies last.
Follow @MySanDiegoMcD on Twitter for details about …
Jake and I had to take a little trip up towards Ontario, CA and so I scouted out some places for us to try for lunch. After waffling over my decision, I ended up picking “The Hat” as our restaurant of choice. It was reasonably priced, near where we would be, and I kind of digged the name. “The Hat”? Sure, okay. I’ll bite.
The Hat is a long running chain of restaurants in San Bernardino and Los Angeles area, famous …
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...