Usually when I think of mall food, I think of overpriced treats that are only marginally tasty. But I have discovered a place in Parkway Plaza in El Cajon that has really good gyros. No joke.
The place is called “Pacific Grill”. It’s in the corner of the food court next to the parking lot. It’s pretty unassuming at first glance. But after coming here a few time for gyro’s, I must say it’s quite a tasty place to visit, especially for a mall.
The gyros you get here are pretty big and packed full of tasty gyro meat. You get your choice of added in toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce (my favorite!). The combo meal gets you some steak fries and a drink to go with your gyro for $6.95.
I can tell you that I have never finished a meal here. It’s always too much food. You can easily share this meal with a friend and still be full afterward. Unless you have a monster appetite and a large stomach to fit all of this food into it. Bless you.
The gyro sandwich here tastes fresh and hot. The pita bread is served soft and warm. They’ll gladly give you extra sauce at no extra charge. It’s a well made gryo and you can tell they don’t skimp on their ingredients. They pack the gyro full of meat so get a lot of the juicy, flavorful meat in each bite.
Whenever my boyfriend and I are in the mood for gyros, this is the place we come to. Even though Parkway Plaza is kind of out of the way, we know we’re in for a good meal at a reasonable price.
inside Parkway Plaza’s Food Court
415 Parkway Plaza
El Cajon, CA 92020
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...