Usually when I think of mall food, I think of overpriced treats that are only marginally tasty. But I have discovered a place in Parkway Plaza in El Cajon that has really good gyros. No joke.
The place is called “Pacific Grill”. It’s in the corner of the food court next to the parking lot. It’s pretty unassuming at first glance. But after coming here a few time for gyro’s, I must say it’s quite a tasty place to visit, especially for a mall.
The gyros you get here are pretty big and packed full of tasty gyro meat. You get your choice of added in toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce (my favorite!). The combo meal gets you some steak fries and a drink to go with your gyro for $6.95.
I can tell you that I have never finished a meal here. It’s always too much food. You can easily share this meal with a friend and still be full afterward. Unless you have a monster appetite and a large stomach to fit all of this food into it. Bless you.
The gyro sandwich here tastes fresh and hot. The pita bread is served soft and warm. They’ll gladly give you extra sauce at no extra charge. It’s a well made gryo and you can tell they don’t skimp on their ingredients. They pack the gyro full of meat so get a lot of the juicy, flavorful meat in each bite.
Whenever my boyfriend and I are in the mood for gyros, this is the place we come to. Even though Parkway Plaza is kind of out of the way, we know we’re in for a good meal at a reasonable price.
inside Parkway Plaza’s Food Court
415 Parkway Plaza
El Cajon, CA 92020
- wings and fish / encanto
- danny’s donuts / vista
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- rita’s italian ice & iwok chinese restaurant / bonita – san diego, ca
- big bite bacon fest – 2014 recap
- july 4th bbq recap
- scoring tickets with scorebig.com
- wings and fish / encanto (3)
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego (12)
- Lynn: I’ve tried Berkeley Pizza before and I like their deep dish pizza. It’s also...
- danny’s donuts / vista (8)
- caninecologne: Hi Mary – Yay! Danny’s Donuts! Their buleberry donuts are probably the...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats