Usually when I think of mall food, I think of overpriced treats that are only marginally tasty. But I have discovered a place in Parkway Plaza in El Cajon that has really good gyros. No joke.
The place is called “Pacific Grill”. It’s in the corner of the food court next to the parking lot. It’s pretty unassuming at first glance. But after coming here a few time for gyro’s, I must say it’s quite a tasty place to visit, especially for a mall.
The gyros you get here are pretty big and packed full of tasty gyro meat. You get your choice of added in toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce (my favorite!). The combo meal gets you some steak fries and a drink to go with your gyro for $6.95.
I can tell you that I have never finished a meal here. It’s always too much food. You can easily share this meal with a friend and still be full afterward. Unless you have a monster appetite and a large stomach to fit all of this food into it. Bless you.
The gyro sandwich here tastes fresh and hot. The pita bread is served soft and warm. They’ll gladly give you extra sauce at no extra charge. It’s a well made gryo and you can tell they don’t skimp on their ingredients. They pack the gyro full of meat so get a lot of the juicy, flavorful meat in each bite.
Whenever my boyfriend and I are in the mood for gyros, this is the place we come to. Even though Parkway Plaza is kind of out of the way, we know we’re in for a good meal at a reasonable price.
inside Parkway Plaza’s Food Court
415 Parkway Plaza
El Cajon, CA 92020
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...