Archive for Clairemont
I’m always trying to find different and interesting places to dine and luckily my co-workers are willing to go with me to untested places for lunch. Tropical Star Restaurant & Specialty Market caught my eye because it offered an interesting number of Latin American foods. They feature Puerto Rican food but also have a little bit of “this and that” from other Latin cultures, creating an interesting mix of items available for feeding your belly.
Tropical Star is located in a …
I’ve read about Ristorante Kaz on a few blogs so far and finally felt the pressing need to visit. I made it over here on one of my weekly co-worker lunches to try out their prix fixe lunch.
You get to pick one item from under each heading. The first item is the standard or you can upgrade for an additional fee. For the pasta, there are 4 categories, each increasing in price as you go down the list.
And you get …
We’re out of order around here again, simply because I forgot to write about this one! For my dad’s birthday in the beginning of April, we took him to Red Moon Noodle House for lunch. I had another gift certificate from Utopia and I wanted to use it in conjunction with his birthday to treat him to a nice lunch out. My mom, dad, myself, Jake and T all drove over for lunch. Somehow we managed to find a spot …
My co-worker David really wanted us all to try yakitori at this one spot that he really loved and arranged this outing to Yokohama Yakitori Koubou for us. It’s a Japanese place filled with delicious grilled things on a stick! Meat on a stick – doesn’t that sound awesome?
I’m that one person that always asks for a fork. Chopsticks and I just don’t really get along very well. I’m sure this is because I haven’t ever practiced, but the last …
I’ve passed by B.B.Q. Chicken (which stands for “Best of the Best Quality” by the way since there’s not barbequed chicken on this menu!) on Convoy a few times before, always wondering a little bit about it. It wasn’t until I saw Jinxi’s post on it that I even realized they served fried chicken. Say what now? Not only that, but they use olive oil for frying which is also weird since olive oil has such a low smoking point. …
I gotta be honest. I wasn’t so sure how this visit to Mr. Dumpling would go. I hadn’t read very favorable reviews about this place and many complained about the service. But, I had a gift card to Mr. Dumpling thanks to the folks at UTOPIA so it was locked in. I was visiting. And I brought my co-workers along to partake in our weekly Friday lunch feast.
Mr. Dumpling is just off Convoy on Convoy Ct. and is tucked away …
Red Moon Noodle House has been around since last year. A few bloggers have made the rounds here, but it wasn’t until I saw on Convoy Conquest that there was a “secret” menu item that I felt a strong urge to visit.
Red Moon Noodle House started having lunch hours during weekdays in mid-January so this place got tossed into the Friday lunch rotation with my co-workers. Little did I know just how terrible parking would be – the lot that …
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!