My co-worker David told me about this place – Bull’s Smokin BBQ – and how they give bones out to the doggies. Dog friendly places are not too hard to fish out here in San Diego where outdoor dining is quite abundant, but it’s nice to see another place that also caters to the puppies!
In case you weren’t sure, there’s a big old sign in the front that tells you without a doubt that this joint is dog friendly!
There’s a …
Our visit to Coronado was an unplanned visit. We had originally tried to go to El Indio for some Mexican food and then ended up over at Ferry Landing in Coronado to try BBQ instead. I mean, really, why not? It was a nice day out when we pulled up to Lil’ Piggy’s Bar-B-Q.
When you walk in, there’s a counter with a register and a menu overhead, so we assumed it was a order up front place like all of …
This weekend Jake wanted me to try smoking again. You see, a few weeks ago I had a BBQ and invited a few friends over for dinner. I made smoked spare ribs for the first time ever and it turned out to be a success! Silly me was so busy with preparing stuff, setting things up and talking to guests that of course I didn’t take any pictures before all the food was gone.
Instead of ribs this time, I …
Let me admit right away that I don’t know a lot about Korean food. But that doesn’t deter me from trying new things. I picked Taegukgi Korean BBQ House as a lunch outing for my co-workers and I. Funny thing though, we didn’t get the all you can eat bbq! We just ordered off the lunch menu.
I saw this place next to the new Zion market on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. This used to be the Sears Auto Center and I could …
Since I’m too tired to do a “real post”, you get a little peek instead of the things I cooked last week instead. Aren’t you lucky?
Now that it’s really getting to be summer, you can totally cook your whole dinner on the grill like I did. Grilled shrimp, grilled corn on the cob and grilled steak! The other bonus: I made garlic butter which I also used on all three (naughty). I used the leftovers from this meal to …
Last month I was invited to go to the Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk. Since it was held in mid-May, of course the clouds rolled in early and made for a gray evening. But no matter – Laura and I still did our fare share of walking and visited 13 of the 28 restaurants on the list. Not bad!
[honey goat cheese crostini at moray's in the catamaran hotel]
We started at the end of the list and worked our way …
I had to make a quick trip up to LAX last month and I figured if I was going all the way up to Los Angeles in rush hour traffic, there better at least be some tasty food at the end of the tunnel. A bit of searching led me to two different ideas for places… but we ended up going to Britt’s BBQ in El Segundo since it is right next to the airport. We had an hour to …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....