Back to Big Bear posts!
The next day when we woke up after arriving in Big Bear, there was a nice dusting of snow everywhere.
My shiny car got it’s first layer of snow as well! After a little breakfast, we headed out to explore a bit of the area.
There was lots of pretty scenery and lovely trees everywhere. We tried to visit the Discovery Center and the Park Ranger station but they were both closed that day. We ended up just …
Sidenote: I’ve put up an image/link on ways to help the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan (or Yolanda, as referred to in the Philippines) in my sidebar. I visited Tacloban City as a child and cannot imagine the devastation that’s happening there in the aftermath of the typhoon. We have heard through the grapevine that our immediate family is okay and can only hope that continues to be the case. If you can donate anything, please do! Okay, back to blogging…
The Lemon Grove Deli is a little restaurant that’s nestled in the heart of Lemon Grove. It’s in amongst the many little shops and businesses in Downtown Lemon Grove, near the trolley station. The Lemon Grove Deli serves up some mean breakfast and then also does sandwiches in the afternoons. You can stop by on Sunday and get breakfast until 2PM – which is what Jake and I did on a recent weekend.
This is one of my “adventures in groupons!” …
I first read about the Huddle over on Dennis’s blog, A Radiused Corner. It’s been tickling the back of my mind for awhile now. I’ve been searching for a good “go-to” place for breakfast and looking for the elusive “perfect” hash browns after my favorite place for hash browns closed last year.
The Huddle has recently earned a place in my heart with it’s down-home, “sit and stay awhile” feel. This local, family owned restaurant has been around for quite awhile …
Last year we went out to Calico Ghost Town over President’s Day weekend and we made the same trek last month for a weekend of civil war battles, good old fashioned learning and fun. We had all been looking forward to revisiting Johnny Reb’s, a Southern themed restaurant that seemed to be the perfect place to go in junction with civil war battlements. It was not meant to be though as we learned that the restaurant had located it’s Victorville …
One rainy evening I was on my own for dinner.
Since it was just me, I didn’t feel like dirtying up a whole kitchen just to feed myself. All I wanted to do was sit inside in pajama’s and read all night. But I still needed to eat, so I trekked out to an old haunt for some fresh and tasty comfort food. Comfort food seems to taste better on rainy days, don’t you think?
I headed out to the Chicken Pie …
The San Diego Chicken Pie Shop is a classic diner. I’m pretty sure the decor inside hasn’t changed in years. It looks the same as it did when I was a kid. Chock full of chicken figurines with the same old booths and tables inside the restaurant.
The only thing that seems to have changed is they finally take credit cards (yay!) and the prices have increased. It’s still dirt cheap, though. If you’re really looking to save, you can get …
Recently I was invited by the PR rep for Maryjane’s Coffee Shop at the Hard Rock Hotel to come down for a special media dinner to showcase their new chef and some new additions to their restaurant’s menu. Jake and I went down on a Thursday night with a bunch of other media guests for a lovely 5 course dinner to sample and try out. We usually don’t dig going Downtown for much, but our visit to Maryjane’s was pleasant …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...