My original interest in Romesco Mexiterranean Bistro was that I had seen them on Eater 38 San Diego list. And then I saw a coupon deal for them on LivingSocial (or something similar) which I bought and Jake, S. and I went for dinner one evening in late December. I didn’t have my regular camera with me at the time, only my iPhone!
[albondigas al chipotle - beef meat balls in a mild bacon chipotle cream sauce / $4.95]
Jake and …
This is another installing of “lunching adventures with co-workers!” Man, I think I need a catchier name than THAT. This time around we went to a place pretty close to our office, called Hanna Garden off Miramar Rd. (behind the McDonald’s). They have a small menu, specializing in Mediterranean and Lebanese food. Here’s some photos of the menu (which are slightly cut off – blogger fail): Pages 1-2, Page 3
I decided to try something new that I never had before …
Since it’s been awhile since I took some of these photos, I must come to the conclusion I’ll never do a “proper” full-fledged post. And since I’m feeling lazy before the big start of the holidays, you get this mis-match of photos and little stories of a few places I visited with my co-workers.
On Friday’s I give my co-workers a choice between two places – usually places I really want to visit or sound interesting to me. Here’s a few …
Cafe 21 is a cute little restaurant with two locations in San Diego – one in University Heights off Adams Ave and one Downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter. My cohort, Liz, came along with me to try out the stellar offerings at the Downtown Cafe 21.
After I finally arrived, Liz and I went inside and were seated quite promptly to begin our meal.
One of the first things our host did was to bring us this little stand. It looked …
Welcome to another installment of “Adventures in Groupons” (dun dun dun).
This week, we’ll be visiting the Hammurabi Family Restaurant in El Cajon, CA. Hammurabi offers a number of Mediterranean foods. They have a pretty massive menu with a little bit of everything. On the back of the menu, they have a number of “Feast” meals depending on the number of people in your party.
Well, let me tell you – I think the numbers are off! You’ll see what I mean…
It’s been awhile since I’ve been to the Kebab Shop. But I was recently invited to come in and try the menu again and I happily accepted.
I revisited the one in Mira Mesa and was happy to see they have expanded to include two new locations in Encinitas, CA and Little Italy. The Kebab Shop serves up the kind of food you’re used to seeing at Greek places, but slightly different. Their main item are their Doner Kebabs (sort of like a …
Canada Steak Burger is a place that Jake and I passed many times. He’s had a few people tell him the food is good but we seemed to always forget about it. We tried stopping in before this visit but couldn’t find any parking; the lot is very small and there’s not always street parking around. The gods shone down on us on this day though as we grabbed a spot in the teeny parking lot and made our way …
As I posted last year, Daphne’s Greek Cafe offers a free plate (any plate!) for birthday celebrators once you join their Pita Points e-club. No purchase necessary. No max value. Any plate!
I got the gyros and crispy shrimp combo with greek salad and rice ($8.79).
I don’t have much to say about this, except that it is one tasty, free lunch. I had never had the shrimp before, and I must say, I surprised that it was that good. I was …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...