Archive for San Diego County
This is another installing of “lunching adventures with co-workers!” Man, I think I need a catchier name than THAT. This time around we went to a place pretty close to our office, called Hanna Garden off Miramar Rd. (behind the McDonald’s). They have a small menu, specializing in Mediterranean and Lebanese food. Here’s some photos of the menu (which are slightly cut off – blogger fail): Pages 1-2, Page 3
I decided to try something new that I never had before …
Not too long ago I had heard about this new cookie shop opening up… inside of a gas station! I was invited to the grand opening, but wasn’t able to make it in, but then I was offered a chance to come in and sample the cookies.
As if I could possibly turn down a cookie tasting. COME ON.
Zooies is inside of the APRO 26 (76 gas station) which is apart of the United Oil Co. and is located on Market Street …
Christmas is coming up sooner than you think! One thing I always like to do every year is to make homemade gifts for friends – mostly in the form of food related gifts. In the past I’ve done flavored sugars, varieties of cookies, mini loaves of bread as well as flavored salts. In partnership with Whole Foods Encinitas, I’ve got an easy DIY gift to share with you plus a holiday entertaining idea! Also, HINT HINT – there’s another giveaway …
I’ve been wanting to check out Bella Vista Social Club for awhile after I had read Jinxi’s post about it earlier this year. At the time it was too far away for me to go for lunch, but since our office move to mid-Miramar/Mira Mesa, it’s much closer and easier drive.
It’s right near the turn off for the Torrey Pines Glider Port and there’s a small sign out front indicating that there’s a restaurant nearby, otherwise you’d probably never know …
I was invited recently to go and check out Firehouse Subs, a sandwich shop that’s apart of a larger nationwide chain. The cool thing about Firehouse Subs is how much they give back to the community and their support of local firehouses.
For instance, you can purchase one of these used pickle buckets for $2. All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety, whose goal is to provide funding, life-saving equipment, disaster assistance and educational opportunities for first responders and public …
Since it’s been awhile since I took some of these photos, I must come to the conclusion I’ll never do a “proper” full-fledged post. And since I’m feeling lazy before the big start of the holidays, you get this mis-match of photos and little stories of a few places I visited with my co-workers.
On Friday’s I give my co-workers a choice between two places – usually places I really want to visit or sound interesting to me. Here’s a few …
I’ll bet that you had no idea that there’s a pretzel factory in San Diego! I’ll further bet that you didn’t know it sat in National City, amongst a few houses, and that they provide pretzels for many places who distribute to tons of places across the country (like Disneyland! And Karl Strauss! And stadiums and stuff!). And it’s all made here in San Diego!
The only reason I found out about the San Diego Pretzel Company is because I was …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....