Archive for Recipes
Peanut butter is probably one of my most favorite things in life. Peanut butter + chocolate is one of those killer combinations that is so very hard to resist as well. If you want me to be in your favor, give me peanut butter and I’ll be in your corner. Enter a new, local product that’s hit the shelves around town recently called Pacific Beach Peanut Butter.
The peanut butter spread (which is a “spread” because “peanut butter” must contain 90% …
Happy Valentine’s Day! I had plans in my head to do more Valentine’s recipes/posts… but that didn’t exactly work out. Last night I made Jake some special treats for today (which I will post about later because I don’t want him to see what I made) and with the leftover cookie dough I made these:
Mini heart sandwich cookies! They are sugar cookies with lemon cream filling. They are pretty tiny and just the right bite for a little something sweet.
I’ve made a lot of banana bread in my life but this one might be my new favorite.
It’s extra moist. It’s got tons of pecans in it. Plus… it has browned butter! Funny thing about the browned butter… I kind of did it by accident. I left my butter unattended on the stove while I was measuring ingridents and the butter had started to brown a little… so I figured I’d just do it all the way.
I needed the butter …
The buffalo wings I put up yesterday turned out good despite the oven mishaps. But on the flip side of that, I also made a recipe that was a total fail. It hurts a little to think about it. But I document it anyway because I’m some kind of glutton for punishment. And maybe I’ll have an idea later on how to make this work eventually!
I had this brilliant idea: I wanted to a cross-hybrid of calzones with won-tons and …
Jake is a big fan of football. Well – actually – a big fan of the Chargers. Once they’re out, he doesn’t care about what happens with the rest of the season and I’m off the hook for having to listen/watch any more games. My compromise is that I offer to cook food while the game is going on so A) I get to hang out in the kitchen and B) then eat some tasty treats. It’s a win-win for …
The holidays usually involve lots of cookies for dessert, but if you’re looking for a little something different for dessert this holiday, check out this one! It’s a blueberry lemon bread pudding – something creamy, with a bit of crunchy, a little zing of lemon and the pop of wild blueberries.
I was sent some coupons to try out Wyman’s Wild Blueberries, which were the perfect vessel for this dessert.
Wyman’s blueberries are freshly picked in the wild and frozen. They are …
Yeah… what I said in the title!
I was too busy yesterday to get my act together to do a proper post today. I went to the Headquarters last night for a very fun blogger event that involved lots of samples and lots of window shopping. And then I came home to bake up some cookies to give to Jake’s softball team for their final game of the year (until next year after the holidays!).
These are White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cookies!
Christmas is coming up sooner than you think! One thing I always like to do every year is to make homemade gifts for friends – mostly in the form of food related gifts. In the past I’ve done flavored sugars, varieties of cookies, mini loaves of bread as well as flavored salts. In partnership with Whole Foods Encinitas, I’ve got an easy DIY gift to share with you plus a holiday entertaining idea! Also, HINT HINT – there’s another giveaway …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....