I was invited recently to go and check out Firehouse Subs, a sandwich shop that’s apart of a larger nationwide chain. The cool thing about Firehouse Subs is how much they give back to the community and their support of local firehouses.
For instance, you can purchase one of these used pickle buckets for $2. All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety, whose goal is to provide funding, life-saving equipment, disaster assistance and educational opportunities for first responders and public …
I’m going to do the free birthday stuff over a few posts this time to break it all instead of hitting you with it all at once. Cool? Cool.
Today’s focus will be on the “fast food/take out” version of the freebies.
[salsa verde shrimp tacos combo / $7.99]
Rubio’s is one of the birthday meals that I have done consistently over the last few years. Not much has changed in the terms of what you get, which is a free meal worth …
Jake and I visited Fat Sal’s when they first opened. Jake is a huge fan of Entourage and he was pretty excited to see a venture where one of the co-owners (Jerry Ferrara) was from that show. Honestly though, that first visit we had was not too impressive: semi-cold sandwiches (which were supposed to be hot), smooshed sandwiches and funky flavors kind of made us wonder about the place. Then I went to the Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk and had …
I’m here with another peek at a few new items over at Islands Restaurants plus a sweet, sweet giveaway for you – a $100 gift card to Islands! See the end of this post for more information about the Islands Restaurants sponsored giveaway!
Jake, T and I visited Islands Restaurants recently to check out a few of their newer items. We headed over to the Mira Mesa location in my ‘hood. I noticed immediately that they had remodeled a little bit, …
Jake and I first heard about this place last year when when we ran across some other folks while geocaching in Mission Bay. They were trying to get to this particularly difficult geocache that we weren’t able to get to (it was off of a pier and we suspected it was underneath the pier) and got to talking with the other geocachers. Somehow the conversation turned to food (which, honestly, it usually does with us) and they told us about …
T had his last little league game this past Saturday in Murphy Canyon. For his various games this season, Jake and I have tried a whole slew of various Mexican restaurants (to bring burritos to watch the games!) and of course it wasn’t until recently we found a finally found a gem.
[murphy canyon field]
It is, in of all places, in Tierrasanta. Before this I considered Tierrasanta to kind of be a wasteland as far as food was concerned. The only …
Earlier this month I was invited to Noodles & Company to try an “Asparagus Feast” at their restaurant. As someone who enjoys the flavor and taste of asparagus, I was more than happy to take them up on their offer. It was a little harder though to find some cohorts to join me in this endeavor though. Apparently a lot of my friends don’t dig asparagus for some reason. This baffles me like people’s dislike of mushrooms baffles me. Y’all …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....