Recently I was invited to come back into Firehouse Subs for a special dinner with the co-founder, Robin Sorensen, who entertained a group of us with stories, jokes, and more importantly some food! Firehouse Subs has more recently started expanding out here in the West with over 700+ locations under their belt, so it was fun to hear hear a few tales about how the business started. It was also great to speak with and hear from one of the …
Time for some chain restaurant dining reviews! Woo! Last week my momma won big at the casino and took us all out to dinner to Red Lobster to celebrate. Since she was buying, she choose the restaurant. Big time rollers here, you know. Let’s see how Red Lobster is doing these days, shall we?
[cheddar bay biscuits]
I’ve cloned these cheddar biscuits back in the day but the real thing is still mighty tasty with that hint of garlic, a little bit …
Let me admit this off the bat – I wasn’t sure if I would really like this place. I got an invitation to come in and I already knew I probably couldn’t get Jake and S to go here over the weekend, so I opted to go for lunch on my own. Veggie Grill kind of sounds like a place that would serve strange looking tofu burgers and unflavorful wannabe fake food. Let’s take a little journey on my adventure …
The last few softball games Jake has had have been later in the evening – at 8:30PM. This gave us a chance to check out some late night happy hours I’d been curious about.
The first one we went to was at the Lazy Dog Restaurant. They have regular happy hour Monday-Friday from 3 to 6PM. Sunday through Thursday they do a second happy hour from 9PM until close. The menu is the same for both times. Anything with an asterisk …
For dinner, I choose Lemonade. Lemonade is a Los Angeles chain, serving American style cafeteria food. The only reason I ever heard of Lemonade in the first place is because I was sent a copy of their new cookbook earlier this year.
Browsing through the cookbook was intriguing since there were a lot of fresh sounding and different recipes in the book. It made me want to visit the associated restaurant to see what made Lemonade so popular.
Lemonade is situated on …
I was invited recently to go and check out Firehouse Subs, a sandwich shop that’s apart of a larger nationwide chain. The cool thing about Firehouse Subs is how much they give back to the community and their support of local firehouses.
For instance, you can purchase one of these used pickle buckets for $2. All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety, whose goal is to provide funding, life-saving equipment, disaster assistance and educational opportunities for first responders and public …
I’m going to do the free birthday stuff over a few posts this time to break it all instead of hitting you with it all at once. Cool? Cool.
Today’s focus will be on the “fast food/take out” version of the freebies.
[salsa verde shrimp tacos combo / $7.99]
Rubio’s is one of the birthday meals that I have done consistently over the last few years. Not much has changed in the terms of what you get, which is a free meal worth …
Jake and I visited Fat Sal’s when they first opened. Jake is a huge fan of Entourage and he was pretty excited to see a venture where one of the co-owners (Jerry Ferrara) was from that show. Honestly though, that first visit we had was not too impressive: semi-cold sandwiches (which were supposed to be hot), smooshed sandwiches and funky flavors kind of made us wonder about the place. Then I went to the Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk and had …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)