Over the weekend Jake and I went to pick up the kids (S and A) for lunch. Originally we were going to go to Project Pie over at the mall, but once we went inside there we saw a long line in front of us, no more seats and it was super loud… so we abandoned that plan and I came up with a Plan B. We had just gotten some desserts from Hogetsu Bakery so I decided to keep …
Last month I had the pleasure of dining with a few other very lovely bloggers: Kirbie of Kirbie’s Cravings (the organizer), CC of Pink Candles at Ridgemont High, Cathy of mmm-yoso, C of CAB Cooks, Darlene of My Burning Kitchen, Jinxi from Jinxi Eats and myself. The place of choice? Que Huong in City Heights.
I had visited Que Huong one other time and I don’t remember what I tried, but I remember not being very impressed. This time around though, …
After Jake’s last softball game of the season last Wednesday (which lasts 8 games), we joined his team over at Tiger!Tiger! in North Park for a little post game drinking and eating. Well, I drank an Arnold Palmer and Jake had a Virgil’s Root Beer (which they have on TAP). We didn’t feel like partaking of the alcoholic beverages that evening.
[sausage poutine fries with house made fries, mozzarella curds, pork and sausage gravy / $9.50]
Jake and I shared these entrees …
I feel like I am battling and fighting off a cold right now. Let’s keep this short and sweet!
I originally came to Luong Hai Kyfor one of their kick ass lunch specials (garlic chili pork chop for $6.55) but I didn’t take any photos of that because I didn’t feel like it that day. A few weeks later I took Jake and T here for a little dinner.
[egg rolls - $5.95]
I want to eat egg rolls, like, all of the …
The buffalo wings I put up yesterday turned out good despite the oven mishaps. But on the flip side of that, I also made a recipe that was a total fail. It hurts a little to think about it. But I document it anyway because I’m some kind of glutton for punishment. And maybe I’ll have an idea later on how to make this work eventually!
I had this brilliant idea: I wanted to a cross-hybrid of calzones with won-tons and …
Jake had been wanting to try Korean BBQ for quite some time. The allure of “all you can eat” was a siren call to him and he knows I’m super reluctant to go to all you can eat places, but I had been wanting to try Korean BBQ as well. A few other bloggers suggested that I visit Jeong Won Korean BBQ buffet for our first AYCE try.
At Jeong Won, in the back of the restaurant is an area for …
Simple post time! Mostly because I want to go finish this book I’m reading called Reboot. It’s basically a book about a girl who died and was “rebooted” and came back to life – now she’s stronger and faster before, almost kind of like a vampire… but not a vampire. More like a human devoid of emotions. There’s a thread of dystopia running through the novel and I have only a few chapters left until I’m done! Hence the short …
Ramen! Who knew it was more than just that packaged crap that they sell for dirt cheap at the store? There’s actually like an art to it, and a good bowl of ramen (or anything) can make the world a finer place.
I went here with my co-workers first, and then I made Jake and our out-of-towner friend Chris go again just so I could have more ramen in my belly. Ramen Yamadaya is actually a Southern California chain from LA …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...