Archive for Road Trips
It’s no longer a secret that I like Civil War stuff.
Well, it was never really a secret to begin with. But it’s kind of one of those things I’m shy to share about myself – seems like kind of a nerdy, geeky thing to like. I’m a nerdy, geeky kind of girl though. History is neat.
[signs to camps]
The Civil War Reenactment in Huntington Beach, CA is a very impressive event to attend. There’s two separate camps, a small town called …
For our final meal in Vegas, I wanted to go somewhere a little off the beaten path – at least, off of the beaten Strip path. After we checked out of the hotel and got everything together, we headed over to this little strip mall just a couple of miles away from the Las Vegas Strip.
To a beauty salon.
[Great Bao Cafe is inside - there's food beyond these doors, promise!]
My cohorts were pretty skeptical about this one. Food inside of …
At the top of the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas, there’s a restaurant called “The Top of the World”. It rotates very slowly around the top, giving you a tip-top view of the entire city in just over an hour. We got there right before the sun started to set and were able to see the Strip go from day to night in the span of a couple of hours. It was breathtaking!
We started out on the Strip side when …
The Sugar Factory American Brasserie actually wasn’t on my “to-eat” list for Vegas. I had wanted to go to a burger place but I saw an ad and a coupon for the Sugar Factory and my interest instantly peaked at the words “Sugar” and “Factory”. I guess I really do have an insane sweet tooth.
There are multiple locations of the Sugar Factory shop on the Strip, but only one restaurant – which is open 24 hours a day and located …
I went on vacation last week! For the whole week! Man, it was awesome. Getting back to work and reality is kind of a bummer this week. But I get to relive it a little bit with my food recap posts. Score. For our Vegas trip we had four of us tagging along – myself, Jake, Chris and Laura.
I had read a few other blogger’s posts about visiting Max Brenner in Las Vegas – a restaurant that also has a …
I’m really into Civil War stuff. I couldn’t tell you exactly why though; I took a Civil War history class in college and it stuck with me. I really enjoyed the class and that was when I discovered that, “Oh, hey. I like history. Neat.”
I’ve been to a few civil war battlefields in my life, mainly in Kansas and Missouri, so when we went to the Civil War Battle reenactment last year at Calico, I was surprised that they were even …
Last year we went out to Calico Ghost Town over President’s Day weekend and we made the same trek last month for a weekend of civil war battles, good old fashioned learning and fun. We had all been looking forward to revisiting Johnny Reb’s, a Southern themed restaurant that seemed to be the perfect place to go in junction with civil war battlements. It was not meant to be though as we learned that the restaurant had located it’s Victorville …
about this site
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!