I was invited to attend the Taste of Downtown by McFarlane Promos and I happily accepted. I meant to go the last two years (!!) but something came up both times and I wasn’t able to make it. Stacey was my cohort for the evening and we planned on tackling this event the simple way: just go down 5th and swing around to 6th until we hit 14 spots.
Why 14? Stacey insisted we should do one more than the last …
Warning: many, many photos ahead! Many including the holy grail of foods: BACON.
You’ve been warned.
Here’s a non-food photo to warm you up to the onslaught.
Jake and I got to the fair in the mid-afternoon, a little while before the Bacon Fest started. I had skipped lunch and was seriously thinking about getting something else from the fair to tide me over until the fest started. Luckily, I wisely decided to just wait. So… no fair foods this year!
We waited with …
Last month I was invited to go to the Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk. Since it was held in mid-May, of course the clouds rolled in early and made for a gray evening. But no matter – Laura and I still did our fare share of walking and visited 13 of the 28 restaurants on the list. Not bad!
[honey goat cheese crostini at moray's in the catamaran hotel]
We started at the end of the list and worked our way …
This week marks This Tasty Life’s 7th Blogiversary and I can hardly believe I’ve been blogging for that long! In honor of the blogiversary, I’ll be holding five different giveaways this week. Please stay tuned each day for a new giveaway!
I’m kicking off the week with a giveaway that involves the joy of BACON.
My love of bacon is pretty strong, considering the fact that recently I went on a Bacon Crawl and managed to not OD on bacon or get …
Food. Wine. Pretty views. What more could you ask for on a spring evening in San Diego? Enter VinDiego… a new wine and food festival! Read on below to learn more about this fun new festival coming to San Diego this April:
VinDiego, the San Diego Wine & Food Festival, is coming to the Broadway Pier in downtown San Diego this April. This new festival will feature award-winning wines, gourmet food from San Diego’s most notable restaurants, classes with vintners and …
Next week on December 13th, Hillcrest will be celebrating it’s 4th Annual “Taste N’ Tinis” event. Think of “Taste of Hillcrest” – but with boozy martinis and retail shopping swirled into the mix!
I finally attended one of the Taste of Hillcrest events this year and it was so much fun trying all of the different samples – so I’m looking forward to this holiday event with the additional boozy cheer in tow. There will be a number of “tastes” available …
It’s no longer a secret that I like Civil War stuff.
Well, it was never really a secret to begin with. But it’s kind of one of those things I’m shy to share about myself – seems like kind of a nerdy, geeky thing to like. I’m a nerdy, geeky kind of girl though. History is neat.
[signs to camps]
The Civil War Reenactment in Huntington Beach, CA is a very impressive event to attend. There’s two separate camps, a small town called …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (2)
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...