Jake is here to give us the scoop about Islands Restaurants. We were invited again. I told him he had to write the review this time. So he did.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
Well I am writing my first “official” blog this week for Mary (my awesome girlfriend!) We were invited to Islands for the third time. …
Bridges Bar | Grill | Bay is a new bar/restaurant that opened near the College Area. It’s a “San Francisco” themed bar, though I don’t really remember anything particularly “San Francisco” about it. Though, I could have just been oblivious since it was so loud in here that I didn’t feel like lingering.
I managed to pick up a deal for Bridges on LivingSocial. Jake was my date one Friday evening and we ventured over for dinner.
The place was packed and …
Hot drinks and booze. What more could you ask for this holiday season? Islands is offering these specialty drinks just in time to help you “get through the holidays” and I took it upon myself to try them out. You know, for you guys. For research. Totally.
There are three coffees to choose from.
[from l-r: cocomo, calypso, irish]
Each one brings a little something different to the coffee. If you come and have all three together (it is the holidays after all, …
Company Pub & Kitchen is a gastropub in the heart of Poway, adding to their lineup of restaurants and “boozy” places in town. Laura and I came here one evening before we continued on with our marathon of “Downton Abbey”. I started watching Downton Abbey earlier this year and immediately knew Laura would also be into it – we’re both fans of English dramas and have major soft spots for Mr. Darcy (the BBC TV version, of course – hello, …
I’ve been to Islands quite a few times. Those skin-on french fries they are are highly addicting. But they’ve got other stuff, too! You know burgers, whatever. And sandwiches! And tacos! And also new things, like paradise mai tai’s and chicken beach bowls.
I’ve sure you’ve been here before, too. Let’s keep this short and sweet, yes? (See emphasis on the sweet at the end…)
[Maker's Wedge and Paradise's Mai Tai]
Jake and I both opted to try one of their new drinks …
The Sneak Joint in Mission Beach is definitely a dive bar. No doubts about it. I don’t mind dive bars, really. I think they’re fun, kitschy and sometimes are very, very surprising. Other times… well, other times you realize the meaning of a “dive bar”.
I bought a groupon for this place but I could not for the life of me remember why or what seemed appealing about it. It was on the verge of expiring so Jake and I went …
I hadn’t been to a Dave & Buster’s in years, but I was recently invited to swing on by and to check it out again. I was looking forward to taking Jake, Chris and T for a night out to try out Dave & Buster’s newest menu items and to try out some of their fun, new games this summer!
Let’s get crackin’. There’s a lot of food to cover.
Looking at all of these photos makes me feel the fullness again. …
about this site
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (4)
- Kate B: And I liked Stremicks on facebook as well. (under the name Ka Barr) Thanks again!
- Kate B: I liked This Tasty Life on facebook! (under the name Ka Barr)
- Kate B: My favorite dairy recipe is cheese sauce! It’s just a basic bechamel with whatever cheeses I have on hand melted in. Pretty similar to your mac...
- SF Scorp: Filipino Leche Flan!! Mmmm…
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt (7)
- Maia: I posted my response on Facebook but here is what I love: Mmmm….my favorite salty treat would be melted salty cheese with a coarse grained sea...
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (16)