wienerschnitzel hot dogs

Is it ok if I say Wiener wins the award for fugliest food ever.

What’s up with the mustard on that hot dog. It TOTALLY looks like someone threw it on from far away. Haha! And that chili dog – wow. Messy food can taste great but when it doesn’t – sad.

I’m sorry but that french fry burrito has to be *THE* saddest food pic I’ve seen in 2014. Isn’t there a ‘Can you believe they sell this’ website you can submit that to. I can’t stop staring at that photo.

I’m a fan of sundaes that use hot fudge versus chocolate syrup. That’s why I’m such a sucker for McD’s sundaes.

I ate here last year and thought their hot dogs were meh. I think we also tried the chili hot dog and found the chili to be (too) sweet as well.

I 100% agree with you about the Costco hot dogs. Yums a million times over. I can’t believe it’s also .09 cheaper than the mustard dog here. Jeez.

Hi Faye –
      Yes. It is totally okay hahah. I have no idea what’s up with their condiment skillz at Wiener. Perhaps they need to take a refresher class on “how to add condiments”. The french fry burrito… is… very sad looking. I guess what do you expect for a little over a buck? Something more than that, if you ask me. Yeah… it’s kind of weird to think the Costco dog deal costs less then one of their hot dogs. No one can say I didn’t give an honest review, haha.

2. Random story:

For my sorority we had to do a bit of philanthropy every month and I used to do Read Across America where you partner up with a kid at an elementary school (we used to go to the one in OB) and just hang out and read with them for an hour or two. This one year I got this super adorable little boy and when he asked me what I was doing that night I said I was going to my sorority formal. He then offered to be my date and said we could go eat Wienerschnitzel before the dance because it was his favorite food and they had the best fries in the world. Unfortunately you cannot bring a 5 year old to a sorority formal but I did promise him I would try Wienerschnitzel fries one day and I’ve yet to do it. Eek. At least they were probably the most photogenic food you got there!

Hi J.S. – That’s a cute little story, aww, think of how awesome he would have looked in a little tux haha! You’ll have to go try their fries and keep your promise! 🙂

3. Boo to the sloppy hot dog dressing skills of the Wienerschnitzel staff. My 3 year old nephew could do better!

Great looking fries though! Their dogs are okay, just basic. My husband likes them with chili (sloppy)

We’ve only been to the Wienerschnitzels in CV (on Palomar), in IB (on Palm) and in La Mesa (near the Kroc Center).

Root beer floats there are good though! Coupons are in that coupon book that we both have!!! use ’em! 🙂

Hi CC – Yeah… seriously… zero effort involved there. It was too much to have mustard over my entire hot dog, I guess. Yes, I was going through the coupon book again today to try and familiarize with it’s contents (it’s too much though). I should have used one of the coupons for our visit but I totally forgot!! I didn’t know we HAD that many Wienerschnitzels in town, hoenstly. There are more than I thought!

• I usually rip out the coupons and organize them by parts of town (mid-city, south bay, north county, etc). i usually end up giving poway to carol and santee/east county to cathy since i hardly go up to those places. i am so anal. i have the coupons also organized by food type (mexican/italian/dessert/sandiwches, etc).

You are so hardcore!! I never thought to do that, it’s really smart. I should just throw away all of the Oceanside coupons haha! I envy you and your hardcore ways 🙂

4. Janeen says:

Two funny stories from my personal history about Wienerschnitzel (which, by the way, I haven’t been to since I was a child):

1) A family friend who lives in the UK and who is very sophisticated and has eaten in the best restaurants around the world is obsessed with the chili dog and we have to take him there, first thing so he can get his fix.

2) A business associate of my husband just had to go to there when he was visiting us, so he drove twenty miles to the nearest location for lunch. When he returned, I asked him, “How was it?” He rolled his eyes and said, “I had to stand in line, the people were rude and the food is disgusting!”

Hi Janeen – Either you love it or you don’t! Food has a funny way of being a trigger for happy memories, too. Maybe that’s why your UK friend loves it (or maybe just truly loves their chili). Polar opposite reactions! Fun stories, thanks for sharing 🙂