Archive for Kearny Mesa
Jake had been wanting to try Korean BBQ for quite some time. The allure of “all you can eat” was a siren call to him and he knows I’m super reluctant to go to all you can eat places, but I had been wanting to try Korean BBQ as well. A few other bloggers suggested that I visit Jeong Won Korean BBQ buffet for our first AYCE try.
At Jeong Won, in the back of the restaurant is an area for …
Before it got stupid hot and was just on the warm side, my co-workers and I went to E & Drink to get some hot pot. Individual sized mini hot pots, which now that I’ve had it, I don’t really think it was that “mini”. Then again, I also can never finish one bowl of Pho, so maybe I’m biased in my thinking.
Menu Page 1 | Menu Page 2 | Menu Page 3 | Menu Page 4
If you check out …
Let me admit right away that I don’t know a lot about Korean food. But that doesn’t deter me from trying new things. I picked Taegukgi Korean BBQ House as a lunch outing for my co-workers and I. Funny thing though, we didn’t get the all you can eat bbq! We just ordered off the lunch menu.
I saw this place next to the new Zion market on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. This used to be the Sears Auto Center and I could …
Update: Mama Jamaica’s closed at this location last week! According to a Yelper, they lost their lease and they are moving to join with another restaurant soon. On with my review:
- – – – – – – – – – -
I was doing all that Easter posting last week so I’m all out of order with my postings.
Not that you know this or anything. But I’m telling it to you anyway.
This is a co-worker lunch from recent times that I …
Pretty much all of my co-workers know that I’m a food blogger but I had never busted out the camera before this meal. Pretty much everyone else I know who dines with me knows “no eating until I take pictures!” rule. It was about time the co-workers get broken in on this rule.
My co-workers let me pick the places we dine at, too. As in, I give them three choices and they vote from the three. I’ve just about exhausted …
First things first. If you visit the blog on a regular basis, you’ll see a couple of minor tweaks. I’ve been wanting to redo the blog and rename it for awhile but didn’t really feel like actually having to hassle with it and move it, so I just did a few minor tweaks – oh, and gee, changed the name of the blog. No biggie. You like?
Onto the food!
Last week Jake and I were going to go Downtown to check …
I used to frequent Big Joy Family Bakery back in the day but hadn’t been there in quite some time. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it. Until I saw these beautiful, brightly colored french macarons on CC’s (one of many posts!) and CAB’s blogs, reminding me all about this place!
Course, it took me awhile to finally make it over here. But so glad I did!
I love, love, love the colors on these beautiful little airy cookies.
Let’s see if …
Update: This restaurant is now closed.
I don’t get to go out for breakfast very often and when I do, I expect it to be awesome. I’ve had some good breakfasts lately, but I guess my streak had to end somewhere.
I was out one Saturday morning on my own. I had a few errands to run (namely, to get a box to hold some cupcakes I was baking for my friend, Stacey) and I wanted to sit, eat breakfast, and read …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (4)
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!