About three years ago, Heather, Laura and I had a red velvet cupcake tasting where we sampled 8 different cupcakes between the three of us. Pretty impressive actually, though we probably each had like one or two bites per cupcake. Recently I found out that our winner from that tasting (Influx Cafe) no longer makes red velvet cupcakes and therefore my past post was no longer valid! Nooooo! I could not let that stand and quickly formulated a plan to …
I’m going to do the free birthday stuff over a few posts this time to break it all instead of hitting you with it all at once. Cool? Cool.
Today’s focus will be on the “fast food/take out” version of the freebies.
[salsa verde shrimp tacos combo / $7.99]
Rubio’s is one of the birthday meals that I have done consistently over the last few years. Not much has changed in the terms of what you get, which is a free meal worth …
Thank you to everyone for entering my Yummy Cupcakes contest! The 7 winners are (determined by a sequence from random.org):
#1 – Leanne
#7 – Anne N.
#13 – Molly
#9 – BrianB
#19 – Ellen
#5 – Carla Pullum
#18 – Lynn
I will be contacting the winners. Thanks again for entering!
If you know me at all, you know I love cupcakes. When I was invited to come and check out a new cupcake shop in town, I was totally on board even if I had to drive allllll the way up to Encintas to get my hands on the cupcakes! The newest shop in town is called Yummy Cupcakes, the first one to open up shop in San Diego (though they have two other locations in Los Angeles and two …
I’ve been too busy baking to do a proper post. Please stop by and visit us in Pacific Beach tomorrow for the San Diego Food Blogger Bake Sale!
My menu for tomorrow:
Hope to see you there!
Quick post! To share cupcakes.
My supervisor, David, had a birthday the same week that Jake and I celebrated our anniversary. So I just made extra cupcakes that week so I could make these sushi cupcakes for David’s birthday!
The bottom cupcake is the same as the Stormtrooper cupcakes – vanilla bean with vanilla frosting.
The “sushi” is made with mini cupcakes from the same batter. They are wrapped with a slice of grape fruit roll-up for the “seaweed”. The “rice” is shredded …
It’s late and I’m tired, so this post is going to be kind of half assed. Oh well. I hope you forgive me.
Jake and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this week! It’s crazy to think how fast time flies by… hoo boy. I still remember our first date though! It lasted 12 hours (yes, 12!) and we ate lunch, went to the beach, watched a movie and that was just the beginning of six years of friendship and love.
In honor …
I got it into my head this year that I wanted my dad to have cupcakes for his birthday. Well, actually, I thought I should get him a Boston Creme Pie and I didn’t think about it ahead of time so I scouted around looking for places that made Boston Creme Pies when I stumbled upon Elizabethan Desserts.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Elizabethan Desserts, but I do remember really liking their cupcakes. I saw on their …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.