I’ve been too busy baking to do a proper post. Please stop by and visit us in Pacific Beach tomorrow for the San Diego Food Blogger Bake Sale!
My menu for tomorrow:
Hope to see you there!
Quick post! To share cupcakes.
My supervisor, David, had a birthday the same week that Jake and I celebrated our anniversary. So I just made extra cupcakes that week so I could make these sushi cupcakes for David’s birthday!
The bottom cupcake is the same as the Stormtrooper cupcakes – vanilla bean with vanilla frosting.
The “sushi” is made with mini cupcakes from the same batter. They are wrapped with a slice of grape fruit roll-up for the “seaweed”. The “rice” is shredded …
It’s late and I’m tired, so this post is going to be kind of half assed. Oh well. I hope you forgive me.
Jake and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this week! It’s crazy to think how fast time flies by… hoo boy. I still remember our first date though! It lasted 12 hours (yes, 12!) and we ate lunch, went to the beach, watched a movie and that was just the beginning of six years of friendship and love.
In honor …
I got it into my head this year that I wanted my dad to have cupcakes for his birthday. Well, actually, I thought I should get him a Boston Creme Pie and I didn’t think about it ahead of time so I scouted around looking for places that made Boston Creme Pies when I stumbled upon Elizabethan Desserts.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Elizabethan Desserts, but I do remember really liking their cupcakes. I saw on their …
For Halloween this year, my work held a baking contest! I can’t tell you how excited I was about this. I started browsing around on Pinterest for ideas the day I found out the contest was happening to help me find a decorating idea. I stumbled upon some images of broken glass cupcakes… and I knew I wanted to do something similar to that.
I’d seen Dexter themed cupcakes with the glass slides and a dot of red in the middle, …
Let me just say right off the bat… I was skeptical. A gluten free restaurant with baked goods and regular food? Could this possibly be any good? As someone who doesn’t shun gluten at all and doesn’t have food allergies, I wasn’t sure how this whole experience would go down. But since I got invited to come in and check it out, I was willing to take the risk. And I have to say… I was pleasantly surprised.
[inside the cafe]
I turned 34 this year. It’s not a significant number. I can still say I’m in my early 30′s but I think I’m just shy of being bumped up to the next demographic group. I sure don’t feel like 34, not that I can really imagine what it should feel like. In my 34th year I can say that I’m happy. I’m content. I have a job that I enjoy, a boyfriend I adore, and I don’t feel like I’m …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (13)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (8)
- Christina: I have liked your post on facebook!
- Christina: I love my SWEET baked treats. Chocolate chip cookies with nuts. Just simple and delicious. =)
- Madeleine: Liked on FB.
- Madeleine: Chocolate chip cookies always have been (and probably always will be!) my favorite baked treat indulgence. I could eat them every day!