Archive for Downtown
Last week I posted pictures of what I made for Jake for our 6th anniversary and this post will be about our anniversary dinner out!
Recently, LivingSocial ran a promo for Donovan’s Prime Seafood in Downtown San Diego and I couldn’t pass it up. It seemed like the a great opportunity to check out a fancy pants place and celebrate our anniversary all at once!
Our reservations were made with Open Table which I really like because it’s really easy to make …
I had the great opportunity to check out 2013 VinDiego Wine and Food Festival this weekend Downtown at the Broadway Pier right on the water amid the gigantic cruise ships and the Midway looming on both sides of the pier. It was a beautiful spot to hold the festival with lots of wineries present doing pours and bits and samples of food throughout the whole affair. Here’s a recap of some of the items Stacey and I tried at the …
Food. Wine. Pretty views. What more could you ask for on a spring evening in San Diego? Enter VinDiego… a new wine and food festival! Read on below to learn more about this fun new festival coming to San Diego this April:
VinDiego, the San Diego Wine & Food Festival, is coming to the Broadway Pier in downtown San Diego this April. This new festival will feature award-winning wines, gourmet food from San Diego’s most notable restaurants, classes with vintners and …
I haven’t had much experience with Opera. When I was in high school, I took a class called “Theory of Knowledge” and our teacher, Mr. Icardo, required us to go to a few of the dress rehearsals for the Opera down at the Civic Center as a part of the class… to open up ourselves to things beyond what we were used to, I suppose. As a 16 year old, I sure didn’t regard it with much enthusiasm, but I …
There was a time, around college or so, that I didn’t eat pizza. I got sick of it. The smell of pepperoni made me feel ill and I just wouldn’t touch the stuff. That’s what the college years imparted on me: a lack of love for the grandest of college food staples. I did eventually rekindle my love of pizza slowly but surely and now I’m uber picky about what kind of pizza will cross my lips. If you try …
The 13th Annual Taste of Downtown is almost upon us once again! I’m going to be headed down to check it out for the first time this year – and you can, too! Check out this post for more details on how you can score a pair of tickets to the Taste of Downtown for yourself!
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012 in Downtown San Diego
Time: 5:00PM – 9:00PM
Price: $30 in advance / $35 day of
Last year, this event took place on …
Cafe 21 is a cute little restaurant with two locations in San Diego – one in University Heights off Adams Ave and one Downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter. My cohort, Liz, came along with me to try out the stellar offerings at the Downtown Cafe 21.
After I finally arrived, Liz and I went inside and were seated quite promptly to begin our meal.
One of the first things our host did was to bring us this little stand. It looked …
about this site
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar (6)
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (30)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (21)