Archive for Hillcrest
Last month I was invited to check out the new French Concession restaurant in Hillcrest – an operation that’s got a menu chock full of tasty sounding dim sum items. It’s not the traditional dim sum as there are no carts being pushed around but rather a menu full of various offerings that you choose from. I’ve never had “real” dim sum with carts and all, but one day I will (oh, yes I will).
My friend, Laura, came with me …
I’m finishing off my Blogiversary Week with one last giveaway to my current favorite restaurant, which is D Bar in Hillcrest!
But don’t forget about all of the other giveaways from this past week, including:
2 tickets to Bacon Fest at the San Diego County Fair
a bottle of tropical sea salt
2 bottles/cartons of Stremicks Heritage organic milk
1 baking mat for all of your baking needs
Jake and I swung by here on Wednesday night. It wasn’t my original intention to dine here – …
When we visited D Bar for our bacon crawl, I knew we’d be back. We didn’t try any of the desserts that day and I was ITCHING to try them. Just a peek made me salivate and after a few weeks Jake and I were finally able to go back for brunch.
We just happened to go the same day as Taste of Hillcrest, but we went early enough that the meandering crowds did not affect us in any way. T …
Sloppy’s Burritos is a new Mexican restaurant in Hillcrest with a focus on serving sustainable, local and healthy ingredients. I was invited recently to come in and try out the food at their new restaurant located on University in the heart of Hillcrest (just across the street from Bread & Cie).
We quickly met up with the co-owner, Matt (aka Sloppy), who introduced us to the restaurant and gave us a quick tour of the menu.
Everything served here is organic, sustainable, …
A couple of months ago, my co-worker (and supervisor!) David mentioned that he’d like to go on a food adventure with me. That’s sort of where this whole thing started from – finding an adventure to go on with my co-workers! I’ve done various food crawls/tastings in the past, such as the Pizza Crawl, the Red Velvet Cupcake Tasting, a BBQ Crawl with bloggers and an End of the World food crawl… so I’ve got a little experience in putting …
Busalacchi’s is a pretty well known name around here in San Diego and recently I had the opportunity to visit Busalacchi’s A Modo Mio in Hillcrest for “a modo mio” week – or “my way” – where the chef calls the shots for dinner service. Guests get to choose what kind of entree they want (chicken, red meat, fish or vegetarian) and chef Joe Busalacchi takes care of the rest. It’s a fun and adventurous way to dine and you …
Next week on December 13th, Hillcrest will be celebrating it’s 4th Annual “Taste N’ Tinis” event. Think of “Taste of Hillcrest” – but with boozy martinis and retail shopping swirled into the mix!
I finally attended one of the Taste of Hillcrest events this year and it was so much fun trying all of the different samples – so I’m looking forward to this holiday event with the additional boozy cheer in tow. There will be a number of “tastes” available …
Urban Eats is a new little restaurant in Hillcrest that’s been open for about three months now under the helm of Chef Christopher B. Sayre. The spot started out earlier this year as Taco Banh before Sayre decided to switch gears and instead open up Urban Eats, a locally sourced restaurant serving up a mix of American dishes. My cohorts and I had noticed on the bottom of our bill it has said “Taco Banh” and curiosity got me to …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...