My love of quick breads continues!
Bananas get eaten quickly in our house. Not by me. I only eat bananas because I know they’re good for me. The texture makes me feel icky. But ripe bananas are excellent in quick breads and become an acceptable form of banana eating in my book.
I recently bought two big bags of almonds from Ralphs – they were hiding back in the clearance section. I thought they’d come in handy for something. I was right …
I have a feeling this place will appear on my blog in the future after a few more visits. It’s just that good! But for now, check out my article on Tobey’s 19th Hole over at Travelin’ Local. Homestyle eats on a golf course!
I’ve been telling Jake for a long time that he needs to try Pho – or Vietnamese beef noodle soup. For one reason or another we had managed to avoid it, not go there, give up, whatever. One evening, after failed attempts at visiting other restaurants, we ended up going to Pho Convoy Noodle House in Chula Vista and Jake finally had his first bowl of Pho!
Did he like it? Well, I guess you’ll just have to read on to …
I was recently offers some of these California based Organic Girl salad mixes to try out. They come in these fancy clam shell packages, all triple washed and ready to use right out of the box.
[Baby Spring Mix with whole baby leaves, Super Greens with five superfood baby greens: red & green swiss chard, tat soi, arugula & spinach, Romaine Heart Leaves]
I got three different kinds to sample. The SUPER GREENS! make me think they’re some kind of superhero lettuce. …
“I love you.”
Princess Leia tells Han how she feels about him… only to have him encased in carbonite 30 seconds later. Bit of a rocky start, but hey, they made it through. This seemed like the perfect way to show my love to my Star Wars lovin’ Valentine this year just how much he means to me, by encasing Han Solo is milky chocolate with almonds.
If that doesn’t scream love, then I don’t know anything about anything.
Okay, maybe it …
Using random.org, it pulled up #2!
Congrats to Melinda – I’ll be emailing you about your win. Thanks to everyone who entered!
Sugar & Scribe Bakery is a little shop in Pacific Beach off Garnet. It’s easy to pass it by and I had honestly never noticed it before. It’s pretty small and scrunched next to “Cow” – a music/video store (which I love the name of).
I’ve heard about Sugar & Scribe before but hadn’t had a chance to visit and I finally made my way over with a Groupon in hand.
Jake and I went here for the first time after our …
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!