manna bbq

Gosh, now I have a hankering for Korean BBQ, too (what am I talking about, I always want Korean BBQ haha). I’m so happy that Manna opened up a location in Mira Mesa – it’s way less crowded and I actually feel that there’s less of the “barbecue” smell that clings to every inch of me after eating (compared with the Convoy location).

Hi Jinxi! Oh yeah, this location was much less smoky. That Roadem BBQ place we’ve been to a few times it always super smoky inside, you almost need a mask. I hardly saw any smoke lingering around here. That’s a good point! What’s your current favorite place for Korean BBQ?

2. I’ve only been to the CV location (in the Ralphs Shopping center) and liked it. We didn’t get the seafood option. We liked the meats especially the rib meat and the brisket. I passed on the steamed egg thing too.
    The texture and look of it just grosses me out. They also had good service at the Manna near my house.

Oh yeah, I remember when the CV location opened! They have plenty of parking there, too, a very important aspect haha. The steamed egg things don’t thrill me. Mostly I like to watch them steam and kind of bubble in their container, but I don’t actually want to eat it… ugh.

3. My favorite Korean Bbq place is Buga. They don’t have AYCE though. Jeong Won is also good.

4. this place is so close! wonder why it took so long for you to try it out! i still haven’t been to jeong won!

i think some of the items you can’t identify are on my manna post: http://www.oh-soyummy.com/reviews/manna-korean-bbq-mira-mesa

I think I wasn’t sure if I could muster it enough to make it worth going to an AYCE place. But once that Korean BBQ craving hits, it’s so hard to deny it haha. Plus we’ve been staying at Jake’s a lot and we were at my place that weekend which made it an easier decision. You took better notes than I did, but also, I forgot what we we ordered and they just kind of placed it on our table and left. Ahhhhh that long rolled pork thing was pork galbi – good to know! Thanks Lynn!

5. Leanne says:

I don’t know why they don’t automatically give it to you, but if you ask you can get sesame oil poured over the salt in the sauce dish. THAT is the best dipping sauce EVER. Perfect for the brisket. The rice paper sheets for wrapping are also the best. Mmm.

Have you been to the AYCE BBQ by Zion? It’s our go to because it always has tables open. And you can get a free Otter pop from the stand outside.

I’m totally going to be craving Korean BBQ now.

Um… that sounds totally amazing. Is there some “Manna Secret Menu Tips” post you can write for me? 🙂 I went to that one by Zion once, but I only ordered off the lunch menu (sad). I’ll have to go try the BBQ there some time!