trying out the new “do us a flavor” lays chips

Hahaha! I went to an impromptu bbq and used it as an excuse to buy the chips (Stater Bros!) AND leave them at someone else’s house. I thought the biscuits and gravy chips tasted the most like what the bag said they were, but we didn’t really love them. The truffle chips were the favorite, even though we didn’t think there was enough truffle flavor. The rueben was okay (I like a good pastrami sandwich) and I didn’t even bother buying the gyros ones.

I was just at Walmart and saw they had mini bags of the chips – that would have been perfect for just a taste!

Oh man I wish we had gotten just the small bags, haven’t seen the small bags anywhere yet. That would have been perfect! Nice idea to leave them at someone else’s house, haha!

Haha I love the “reaction” faces from all of you guys! I really want to try the biscuits & gravy flavor and the truffle flavor now! I don’t hate Reubens but it’s hard to imagine corned beef on a chip!

Heehee, thanks Jinxi! I never eat reubens because it sounds like all kinds of gross to me. Putting that whole flavor of something I dislike into a chip was not pleasant, haha.

3. MarlaD says:

OMG the reaction photos are perfect!!! I had the opportunity to try the biscuits and gravy and reuben at a friends house – they opened the bags fresh and we each tried one and they promptly sent the bags home with us where we threw them away! I could tolerate the biscuits and gravy but the reuben…yeah, my face looked just like Jake’s.

We managed to finish the Truffle chips (or well, I finished them at least). I brought the Biscuits and Gravy chips to work one day for our breakfast day as a joke. Everyone wanted to try them but just a few chips were enough, haha.

4. Hilarious reaction shots, especially Jake’s for the 3rd one. The gyro one sounds disgusting. Same with the truffle one. They may as well make a foot odor flavor, geez. I think I might like that Reuben because I like corned beef but if it’s sour, then maybe not.

Hi CC – It was like a weird, sour, pickly flavor. It weirded me out so much that it smelled like corned beef, too! Jake’s reaction photo is totally priceless πŸ™‚

PRICELESS reaction pics! It’s like from a comedy sketch. I like the sound of Biscuits & gravy chips for some reason πŸ™‚ What if it said the recipe was from Keith’s. Hmmmmm…..

Why were the Truffle Fries “West Coast”?

Hi Faye – I love that we always reminisce about good old Keith’s. Their biscuits and gravy were never strangely sweet though! It needed a more savory spin on the chips. I have no idea why it’s west coast truffle fries. I’m sure they eat truffle fries on the east coast? I’ll confirm when in in Boston, hehe.

6. The reaction pictures are even better than the crazy flavors. Since none of them were ‘winners’, i’ll stick to my usual boring but enjoyable bbq flavor, etc.

Hi Lynn – they’re fun to try but I’d probably stick with sour cream n onion (or the ruffles cheddar & sour cream). I once tried these grilled cheese chips from Target but they were disappointing. Just clever marketing tricks. Sigh.

7. Kirbie says:

haha, I love the reaction shots! I basically felt the same. The truffle one was my fav of the bunch, followed by biscuits and gravy. The other two..ugh..

Thanks Kirbie! I might even want to buy the truffle ones again in the future! The biscuits and gravy were a little too odd for me to want to have again and the other two… yeah, just throw those into the trash.

8. We just bought the mini chip bags at Walmart, only $1.28. Only 2 flavors were available in the mini size.

I actually liked the Reuben but absolutely HATED the gyros. It reeked of feta cheese which equals barf to me. Seriously I wanted to scrape my tongue raw after tasting that one chip.

I wish we had looked for the mini chips but it’s okay. It was all for RESEARCH! I honestly didn’t taste feta when I tried the gyros, but I’m not sensitive to it like you are! I just know those chips tasted gross.