naseems bakery and kabob / sorrento valley

1. foodwanderer says:

I love Persian food and same here, I don’t really care for the rice haha and I’m Asian myself! Yum I love puff pastries especially from Bearded Papa.

My mom always forced me to eat rice so I got sick of it as a kid, haha. I never got to try Bearded Papa! They had one down here but it closed before I had to chance to try it. Boo!

Ooh I’ve been wanting to try out this place, especially after one of my friends RAVED about the cream puffs! It really looks delicious!

Hi Jinxi – I would totally come back for the cream puffs! The other food was good, too… but CREAM PUFFS. Priorities, man. 🙂

3. Wow, cream puffs! Those look great!

I love the rice they serve at Persian places! It’s so fragrant and light. Not heavy like the rice I grew up eating.

Hi CC – Yes, the cream puffs here are really good! I’m still a little sad I never got to try Beard Papa while it was still down here (maybe I’ll try it up in LA someday). I do prefer the rice as Persian places. I like the non-sticky rice! I always think it’s funny they give you a little thing of butter, too. I believe it’s for the rice but I’ve never used it since buttered rice sounds weird.

I haven’t heard of this place! The kabob plates look generous. I have a hard time deciphering b/w Persian and Mediterranean kabobs for some reason. That wrap looks like it has melted cheese in it – is that the sauce you’re talking about – that orange stuff? Sorrento gets nutzo during lunch hour so I’ll have to check this place out when I get the chance 🙂

Hi Faye – I’m not sure what the difference is either! The wrap does not have cheese, it is just sauce. Yeah, if you go here, definitely go either late or early. Around noon is it PACKED with all of the Qualcomm employees! But you must visit, because, cream puff love!