Quick post about upcoming events and contests in Southern California!
Pinkberry 100 Stores Contest
1st: Pinkberry is holding a new contest called “100 Stores, 100 Ways” to celebrate the opening of their 100th store:
“The contest encourages Pinkberry enthusiasts to explain in 100 words or less their favorite Pinkberry combinations, creative ways to eat Pinkberry, and how Pinkberry has played a part in their life. If so inspired, entrants may wish to write a story, ode, poem or song. Optional Flickr photos and …
Last week I was lucky enough to get sponsored to go to Camp Blogaway, a food blogger conference. I did notice later that this is mostly geared towards recipe and cooking bloggers, rather than someone like me who mostly does restaurant reviews. But no matter! I enjoyed myself and the panels that were presented to us bloggers that day.
The panel I was interested in the most was the Food Photography panel by Danny of Food Bloggers Unite. He gave some …
I had never been to Wings n’ Things before this visit. Sure, I had heard about it, seen it lots of times before, so it’s not like I don’t know what it is. I just had never been for some reason. It’s a local San Diego chain serving up Buffalo Style wings to the masses in San Diego.
They’ve got a pretty limited menu. You can get wings, chicken strips, or shrimp, all buffalo style. I don’t remember if they serve …
Considering the little heat wave we’ve had this week, it couldn’t be a better time to go and try out some gelato. Paciugo Gelato, a family owned gelateria, will be giving away a complimentary scoop of gelato to celebrate their 10th anniversary. Check out the details below!
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, Paciugo Gelato & Caffè will offer customers across the nation a complimentary scoop from one of two of its Italian gelato recipes, either Amarena Black Cherry Swirl or …
After my letdown experience at Five Guys recently, I felt the need to go and have a “good” burger for lunch this week. I don’t remember where I read this exactly, but here’s a site that has a good example (plus photos!) of all of the “Secret Menu” treats you can order at In-N-Out. I say “Secret Menu” in quotes since it’s not really a secret anymore.
One thing I’ve never really enjoyed at In-N-Out are their fries, so when I …
We’re giving away 5 sets of passes to the Pasadena Wine Festival on October 9th. Comment on our post for a chance to win!
I hadn’t been back to visit the Mira Mesa Farmer’s Market in a long time and last Tuesday I decided it was high time to make it back over there and check things out. I used to go to Farmer’s Markets on a weekly basis with Maya in tow. We had a little routine of visiting …
We’re excited to announce an awesome giveaway for the Los Angeles area: Pasadena Wine Festival passes. The PWF will be hosted at one of my favorite places, the lovely Los Angeles County Arboretum, on Saturday, October 9, 2010 from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. I haven’t been to the PWF before, but their site boasts of a global wine selection, cheese and other food, games, and tram tours of the Arboretum.
Food trucks in attendance will be The Grilled Cheese Truck, …
I love PBS. Saturday afternoon’s programming lineup consists of a bunch of great cooking shows, including America’s Test Kitchen, Everyday Food, and Cook’s County. They seem to mix the line up with other shows with Chef Ming Tsai or Chef Rick Bayless. I love watching these shows for the tips, tricks, and some of the adventures they go on!
Chef Rick Bayless, who’s visits Mexico on his shows and then shows you how to do Mexican dishes, will be making 2 …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)