The Starlite is a place I’ve been wanting to visit for awhile. I originally thought about going here for my birthday dinner, but my boyfriend’s son would be with us that night, so that plan was out. I went a couple of weeks later with my friend, Heather, for a little birthday redux.
The Starlite offers a locally grown, hand crafted menu. The menu changes daily depending on what foods they are able to get locally. Looking at the sample menu …
Here’s a couple of photos from the baby shower cake I made this past weekend for my good friend’s baby shower.
The theme was baby feet and polka dots, so I made it fit as well as I could. The baby blocks and feet are made from chocolate molds!
There’s a show on the Travel Channel called Man v. Food that my boyfriend and I really love. The host, Adam, goes around the country trying to beat various crazy food challenges, eating ridiculous amounts of food. Somehow this inspired my boyfriend and he wanted to do something similar. He heard about the goliath burger from someone at work and when we were in the neighborhood we stopped by to check this place out.
Fred’s Old Fashioned Burgers is in an …
Going to Togo’s for a sandwich? Kelli send me this coupon via email. It’s good for free chips at Togo’s and expires on 11/17/09. Yay!
Update: This restaurant is now closed.
Last week I was invited to be a part of an online food community dinner held at the Suite and Tender restaurant downtown in the Se hotel. I took my friend Liz with me to enjoy the treats of the night, having no idea what was in store for us that evening. We enjoyed a spectacular night filled with drinks and foods and got to meet a few other local San Diego food bloggers and …
One of the last free items I got was this lovely cup of ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery:
It’s a “Like It” creation – I got French Vanilla ice cream with a brownie mix it. It was pretty good. I’m not too big on Cold Stone Creamery myself. I prefer Baskin Robbins because they have my all-time favorite ice cream there (Chocolate and Peanut Butter).
So, my birthday is over and done with now. Here’s what I didn’t use, simply because …
I attended a wonderful dinner at Suite and Tender last night with some other local food bloggers and was treated to a stellar night of food and treats. I will be posting an extended blog about it soon + photos – let’s just say it was amazing!
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (2)
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...