lemon pistachio cookies – christmas baking begins!

1. Darlene says:

I love extra lemon. And it’s a nice change up from the regular chocolate/vanilla varieties I see this time of year. How do the pistachios work with it? Is there a bit of saltiness?

Hi Darlene – The pistachio provide a extra crunch and a little bit of saltiness. I used some dry roasted, salted pistachios and it just adds a touch. I didn’t try it with the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, but with 1 tablespoons you can taste a hint of lemon with the pistachio flavor. I suspect I would like it would extra lemon.

For some reason lemon cookies strike me as a very San Diegan holiday treat. They look delicious though! I’m out of pistachios but maybe I’ll try with almonds 🙂

Hi Jinxi – Haha, maybe that’s true! Lemon seems like a perfectly good holiday thing to me, though I’m sure most associate it with summer. I’m sure these cookies would also be good without any additions and just pure lemon flavor!

3. Carol says:

Oh the cookies look fantastic! I just got done baking 12 dozen cookies. But even after all that, I think I’m going to try this one because they just look so good! And I’ve got a metric butt-ton loads of Meyer lemons on the tree.

Our lemon tree is also exploding right now, so I’m thinking of doing extra lemon treats for Christmas baking this year. Hope you get to try making these!

4. hi mary – bert loves pistachios and lemon! i’ve got to make these! the lemon sugar coating is quite attractive. what a unique flavor combination!

Hi CC – These sugar are so sparkly and I love that! I think the lemon sugar is a good idea and can be used for other stuff, too (like making different infused sugars).

5. i’m going to make these tonight, but i am going to cheat and use lemon cake mix and just add oil and eggs. we’ll see if it comes out decently.