Christmas is coming up sooner than you think! One thing I always like to do every year is to make homemade gifts for friends – mostly in the form of food related gifts. In the past I’ve done flavored sugars, varieties of cookies, mini loaves of bread as well as flavored salts. In partnership with Whole Foods Encinitas, I’ve got an easy DIY gift to share with you plus a holiday entertaining idea! Also, HINT HINT – there’s another giveaway …
Oh my goodness. It’s December. Where did the year go?! I don’t think I’m prepared for this whole Christmas thing yet, especially not when it’s been in the 70′s lately. Ahh, the glamorous life of a San Diegan.
To celebrate December, and to celebrate the start of the Christmas season, I am in the gift giving mood with a $50 gift card to Daphne’s California Greek Cafe (thanks to Daphne’s and their generous ways). I was also able to pick a …
A couple of weeks ago, I got a PR release about a new pizza spot opening up in the College area, right around the corner from where Jake lives. (Note: I did *not* get invited here, that’s just how I found out about this place!) They had just opened and we serving up Neapolitan style pizzas – something I’ve always wanted to try – so we scooted on over there to check it out.
The place was not very busy for …
Recently I was about to get together with a couple of other bloggers, Jinxi of Jinxi Eats and Faye of Faye’s Fork for a little blogger get together! It’s always fun to hang out with other bloggers and see their take on things. Plus it’s always fun to eat with people who love food just as much as you do!
Jinxi and I had been playing around with a couple of ideas and when she mentioned Sea & Smoke I jumped …
Palm Springs is a place that I visited briefly once many moons ago when I used to be friends with a guy named Bill. Bill was a punk rock loving banker who didn’t like his job and he was an incredibly full of life person. The only reason I ever visited Palm Springs before was because Bill wanted to show Alyssa and I around the town even though we had just spent a few hours stuck in traffic on the …
Earlier this month I was invited to Noodles & Company to try an “Asparagus Feast” at their restaurant. As someone who enjoys the flavor and taste of asparagus, I was more than happy to take them up on their offer. It was a little harder though to find some cohorts to join me in this endeavor though. Apparently a lot of my friends don’t dig asparagus for some reason. This baffles me like people’s dislike of mushrooms baffles me. Y’all …
I’m always trying to find different and interesting places to dine and luckily my co-workers are willing to go with me to untested places for lunch. Tropical Star Restaurant & Specialty Market caught my eye because it offered an interesting number of Latin American foods. They feature Puerto Rican food but also have a little bit of “this and that” from other Latin cultures, creating an interesting mix of items available for feeding your belly.
Tropical Star is located in a …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....