Last week I posted pictures of what I made for Jake for our 6th anniversary and this post will be about our anniversary dinner out!
Recently, LivingSocial ran a promo for Donovan’s Prime Seafood in Downtown San Diego and I couldn’t pass it up. It seemed like the a great opportunity to check out a fancy pants place and celebrate our anniversary all at once!
Our reservations were made with Open Table which I really like because it’s really easy to make …
Busalacchi’s is a pretty well known name around here in San Diego and recently I had the opportunity to visit Busalacchi’s A Modo Mio in Hillcrest for “a modo mio” week – or “my way” – where the chef calls the shots for dinner service. Guests get to choose what kind of entree they want (chicken, red meat, fish or vegetarian) and chef Joe Busalacchi takes care of the rest. It’s a fun and adventurous way to dine and you …
As a San Diego native I’m a little embarrassed to say that I’ve never dined at the Brigantine before! It’s a local chain of seafood restaurants and for whatever reason… I just never went. Probably due to the fact that the most of the people I hang out with are opposed to seafood for some ungodly reason. Oh, little sea creatures, come fill my belly with your delicious ways!
Ahem, you can just ignore me.
So, I was invited to come dine …
San Diego Restaurant Week is upon us yet again from September 16th-21st. It’s a great time to try out many of the wonderful restaurants in San Diego for either lunch or dinner at a reduced cost to help you get delicious food in your belly without making your wallet cry.
For preview week this year, I was invited to dine at La Gran Terraza, located on campus at the University of San Diego.
I have to admit, I had no idea they …
Opening Day at Del Mar is apparently a big deal.
I’ll be honest – I’ve never really paid attention. I’ve seen the commercials though – the ones singing about Del Mar. And I’ve heard about the “hats” that women wear for opening day. But beyond that, I don’t know a thing about horse racing. All I know about it is from what I’ve seen in the movies Seabiscuit and Secretariat.
But this post isn’t about the races – it’s about one of …
At the top of the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas, there’s a restaurant called “The Top of the World”. It rotates very slowly around the top, giving you a tip-top view of the entire city in just over an hour. We got there right before the sun started to set and were able to see the Strip go from day to night in the span of a couple of hours. It was breathtaking!
We started out on the Strip side when …
I was recently invited to Anthology to try out their newest menu items by Chef Todd Allison. I’d always been interested in going to see a show at Anthology. This proved to be a stellar way to try out some new eats and to catch a show all in one.
Anthology is set up with three different levels – the main floor near the stage, a second level with just a few booths, and a top level. There’s also an upper …
about this site
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (18)
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt (13)
- Christina: Salty treat? For now….I am craving a fancy grilled cheese.
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar (22)