My original interest in Romesco Mexiterranean Bistro was that I had seen them on Eater 38 San Diego list. And then I saw a coupon deal for them on LivingSocial (or something similar) which I bought and Jake, S. and I went for dinner one evening in late December. I didn’t have my regular camera with me at the time, only my iPhone!
[albondigas al chipotle - beef meat balls in a mild bacon chipotle cream sauce / $4.95]
Jake and …
Here’s my final Restaurant Week post! I’m a slacker.
I had a $25 dining card that was given to me on my last visit to the Headquarters in December. It was a crazy fun blogger thing that gave us all a glimpse into the coolness of the new Headquarters, which is located at the old Police Station Headquarters from back in the day (hence the name). I made reservations for Heather and I at 7:30 on a Wednesday night. Heather came …
Last week Jake and I went to Rei de Gado for the first day of San Diego Restaurant Week. $20 for lunch, man. I know SDRW is over now (though there is a Week 2 but Rei de Gado isn’t participating) – so take notes for the fall!
Now… onto my picture heavy post.
I’ve got more one trick up my sleeve for this Friday – and that’s a new giveaway for one lucky reader! It’s because I love you guys. This giveaway is courtsey of Roy’s Restaurant. I’ve only visited once, at the location Downtown near Seaport Village. It’s a super pretty spot with a beautiful view of the bay – perfect for a special occasion or anytime you feel you just need to get away from it all.
Roy’s Restaurant is now featuring …
Last month I was invited to attend a media dinner at the new Vessel Restaurant inside of the Kona Kai Resort out on Shelter Island. It was a stormy, rainy evening filled with delicious drinks and wines, great company and fantastic food! I brought Heather along to be my hot date for the evening.
These are the menu’s at each place setting so we could drool over the thought of the courses that would be coming our way that evening.
And a …
San Diego Restaurant Week is back again starting September 15th and I was lucky enough to get invited to Jsix for a little restaurant week preview.
Jsix is situated in Downtown San Diego just a couple of blocks from Petco Park. It is adjacent to Hotel Solamar and provides a fun and inviting dining experience. I loved the inside of the restaurant with the sprawl of flowers on the ceiling as well as the hanging lanterns. Jsix has a very inviting …
I was recently invited to check out Urban Bar & Grill in Downtown San Diego. They recently introduced a few new menu items as well as a new Bar Bites menu. Jake was my partner in crime once and again and we turned it into a little date night for the two of us!
We parked over at Horton Plaza since Urban Bar & Grill is just a block or two over in the Gaslamp. Even though Horton Plaza now only …
Recently I was about to get together with a couple of other bloggers, Jinxi of Jinxi Eats and Faye of Faye’s Fork for a little blogger get together! It’s always fun to hang out with other bloggers and see their take on things. Plus it’s always fun to eat with people who love food just as much as you do!
Jinxi and I had been playing around with a couple of ideas and when she mentioned Sea & Smoke I jumped …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...