the cork and craft

1. Kirbie says:

How interesting that they do both wine and beer! mmm, I really want to try those noodles

I know! I think the wine was first, then beer & food. The noodles were pretty awesome. I like they make the noodles and pasta fresh!

2. I am in awe everything looks sooo good. Especially the mashed potatoes and the bread! I love good steak and well prepared veggies but for some reason the things that I can eat endless vats of is good mashed potatoes and fresh hot bread with lots of butter.

And the churros. I would probably be able to eat a lot of those too 🙂

I am totally with you on the potatoes and bread! Good version of that stuff is so yummy, I could probably just eat those two things for dinner 🙂

3. What an epic meal! I would have liked to see that chocolate Death Star!

Thanks, CC! I should have asked our waiter to wait a second but I didn’t realize he was going to pour sauce over it until he was already doing it. Oh well! Guess we’ll just have to go back and order another one 🙂

Oh what a treat of a meal! I think Jake and T are so lucky to be your plus 1’s. The pork chop looks delicious – I’m always too lazy to take the extra step to brine anything. The churros look amazing. It looks like hot fudge over that ice cream though – I don’t know what Star Wars death star means so maybe that’s what looks like the hot fudge? I’ve heard about this place but never had a chance to visit so this post was helpful.

Hi Faye – You’ll have to be my +1 at some other event sometime 🙂 Yeah, I’m too lazy to brine things, too. But it does make a different in flavor but that would require planning ahead… hmmm. The Death Star in Star Wars is a battle station in space that looks like a small moon. The chocolate was a sphere at first and you couldn’t see the ice cream at all until the hot sauce was poured all over it and melted the sphere. It was pretty cool looking!

5. I had to reread your post after reading Faye’s Happy hour post. Bert and I plan to go here in a few weekends. Great items you had which I hope are still their menu

James Malone’s wife Jelyn,is one of the co-owners of Mostra. One of their sous chefs is the master roaster at Mostra (Mike Arquines).One of the main reasons I want to go here is that Cork &Craft/Abnormal is Filipino American owned and operated and also has a Filipino American executive chef (Philip Esteban). What I’ve seen and heard about this place is all positive so I’m excited to try it out.

Your comment reminds me that I really need to come and revisit Cork & Craft! Chef Esteban was so nice when we spoke with him and the food is really great here. Hope you enjoy it when you and Bert go to visit!

• The chef wasn’t there during Brunch the other day. I really wanted to go for early dinner on Saturday but there were no openings. We enjoyed our meal, the service, and our beers (we got the flight of 5). Sadly, they were out of THE one beer we wanted to try, the Calamansi Saison. 🙁 Next time… I hope to come back here for dinner since their food looks amazing.

I’m glad you finally got to try it! Bummer they were out of the beer you wanted to try. Hope you can check it out for dinner, I’ve been meaning to go for lunch since some if the lunch times sounded good.