juniper & ivy

Oh man that’s some beautiful food you guys ordered! Did you see Chef Blais at the restaurant that evening? My last experience here was fun. I can’t really remember the food as much b/c I’m still hugging myself from meeting the Chef 🙂 The restaurant is pricey isn’t it – any dessert over $10 seems to be a lot. I’m glad the kitchen brought out another short rib. Fat & gristle sounds terrible right about now.

Um, is it bad that I didn’t bother to look? Cause I didn’t look for him. Let’s pretend he was there and hugged me, too.

It is uber pricey here! This is not an everyday place. This is a special occasion place or a “my friend is coming to town and wants to go here” place. By the time I return I bet the duck will be long gone and I’ll cry a little on the inside.

We order the biscuit (to share, because there are always so many dishes to try!) every single time we go to Juniper & Ivy. Next time, you have to order the “secret” in-n-out burger that’s off-menu, and ask for the fried animal style. But, split the burger so you have room to eat more small dishes. I am always more impressed with the small dishes rather than the entrees.

I also always order the Yodel (once, we went in just to get the Yodel and that was it) plus a new dessert and then I am perfectly happy.

I’m not a fan of the carne asada toast thing, even though all of SD seems to adore it. And, I also don’t watch Top Chef unless someone from SD is on it and even then I tend to get bored halfway through.

I *almost* ordered the secret burger on this visit but the duck breast caught my eye so I decided to get that. I’m glad I did but the secret burger sounds crazy good, too. I’ve heard/read the small dishes are what people seem to be more interested in, which I don’t blame them since the entrees are pricey. I saw some toast thing float by to another table and longed for it, so maybe more toast things in the future!

3. Gougeres, roh roh roh (say on an exaggerated French accent).

Bert and I still haven’t gone here but we plan to. We saw it yesterday morning while having coffee at Bird Rock Coffee across the street.

Loved your action shot of the yodel. All of your food pix look amazing. Magazine worthy I say.

Haha! I had to look up the “real” term for them since I forgot. I just called them cheese puffs. So much for living up to my French Canadian half. Thanks for your nice comments, I appreciate it!!

4. Yay i’m so glad you went to this place! Your pictures turned out awesome and it reminds me I must go there again. The yodel is delicious and that gif explains it pretty well haha. I don’t remember my entree there but that duck!!! I was at the Patio at Goldfinch yesterday too where you also have to pay for the bread but its these fluffy mounds of rolls in a cast iron pan with honey butter. So good. I will happily pay for bread if its fluffy and comes in a cast iron pan with lots of butter 🙂

Thank you!! I’m pretty happy with the photos, too. They turned out better than I thought, thanks to natural lighting. I think that’s the first gif I ever made for this blog, too. Yay!

I will totally pay monies for warm fluffy bread, too. YUM. Honey butter also makes everything better!

5. Kirbie says:

I’m so glad you tried the yodel and the biscuit! Def both two of my favorites! I was reading your post and totally thinking, “omg, please tell me she got the yodel!!” and you did! lol.=)

Hahah, yes! I’ve seen the yodel enough to know that I HAD to order it. It was on my “must try” list. So so worth it! 🙂