Celebrating My Birthday at Disneyland + The Food

1. happy birthday mary! looks like a very fun day at Disneyland. looking forward to that roundup since it’ll prep me for my birthday in December hehe 😉

Happy birthday Mary! I wanna be your eating buddy on your bday 🙁 I don’t think I have anyone in my circle that would do an eating fest like Jake and T. So jellllly of your awesome day at Disneyland. I haven’t been in YEARS but remember 1) food/drink prices were insane and 2) lines to all the rides were worse insane. All the food you had looked awesome (esp the ‘wonky!’ corn dog) !

• Mary says:

Hi Faye – Thank you!!! Jake and T seem to always be up for my eating fests haha. And it’s good because with those two I know the food will always get finished and I still get enough to eat without going overboard. Before this visit I hadn’t been to Disneyland in 10+ years so it was so much fun to finally go back!

3. Leanne says:

I did not know you can get JUST a corn dog for a couple bucks cheaper!! Now that I know this, I am totally more excited about getting a corn dog (we usually split a fried chicken dinner from Plaza Cafe). It looks like you had an amazingly fun birthday adventure!

• Mary says:

Hi Leanne! I read that tip on some Disney food blog and was pretty thankful for it because I didn’t want any extra food that I didn’t want to eat. I also liked that you can ask for water at any station for free since the bottles of water are not cheap!

4. How fun, especially with all of the Halloweed decor! I love that Man Eating Wreath so much that I made my own (smaller) version (without arms) for our home last year, haha.

The Mickey Mouse shaped beignets were so cute and wow, butterscotch flavored powdered sugar? Cool!

As for the tie fighter pop corn bucket…omg, people have to actually wear it strapped on their neck. I was looking at it first thinking, that seems awkward to carry, then I saw the straps. Still, a bit awkward walking around with that . I hope it wasn’t too heavy for T.

So nice to see that you enjoyed your birthday with loved ones! 🙂

• Mary says:

Hi CC! I remember your wreath! I meant to text you that photo that day but I forgot/got tired/etc. T wore the tie fighter bucket for awhile but then got annoyed with it and put it in a bag to carry it instead. It’s quite large! The Zero bucket on the other hand is a more manageable size (though I admit, I made Jake carry it for me after awhile haha).

What a fun day! Happy birthday!! 😀 I haven’t been to Disneyland since… 1997! A lot has changed 😛 I’ll have to ask you for tips when I go since I’m definitely overdue for a Disney trip hehe!

• Mary says:

Hi Jinxi! Oh man, it was longer for you then me – time for a revisit, I say!! I’m pretty sure we’ll go again next year when Star Wars land opens up. 😀

6. Happy Birthday! That was an awesome day of treats!