Oh my goodness. It’s December. Where did the year go?! I don’t think I’m prepared for this whole Christmas thing yet, especially not when it’s been in the 70′s lately. Ahh, the glamorous life of a San Diegan.
To celebrate December, and to celebrate the start of the Christmas season, I am in the gift giving mood with a $50 gift card to Daphne’s California Greek Cafe (thanks to Daphne’s and their generous ways). I was also able to pick a …
I’ve got more one trick up my sleeve for this Friday – and that’s a new giveaway for one lucky reader! It’s because I love you guys. This giveaway is courtsey of Roy’s Restaurant. I’ve only visited once, at the location Downtown near Seaport Village. It’s a super pretty spot with a beautiful view of the bay – perfect for a special occasion or anytime you feel you just need to get away from it all.
Roy’s Restaurant is now featuring …
Did you know that today is National Taco Day? Yeah, I didn’t either. I feel like taco day should be in another month, a Spring like month. I don’t know why though. Pretty much any day is a good day for tacos. I’m here with two things for you! 1) A list of 5 tacos (my top 5) and 2) a gift card giveaway for $25 to Rubio’s so you can get your taco on.
[avocado corn fish taco from …
I’m here with another peek at a few new items over at Islands Restaurants plus a sweet, sweet giveaway for you – a $100 gift card to Islands! See the end of this post for more information about the Islands Restaurants sponsored giveaway!
Jake, T and I visited Islands Restaurants recently to check out a few of their newer items. We headed over to the Mira Mesa location in my ‘hood. I noticed immediately that they had remodeled a little bit, …
Crackers! More specifically, these are Milton’s Crackers from the same folks who run Milton’s Deli in Del Mar. I’d already tried the savory crackers on my own so when I was offered the chance to try their new line of sweet crackers, I was pretty excited.
The new sweet line of crackers has five different flavors available for crunching and munching on. Let’s look at ‘em all, yes?
These are the Blueberry Multi-Grain crackers. You can see bits of the blueberry in …
The winner of the silicon baking mat is #26 – Tiffany! Her favorite baked treat? “Cake batter blondies! Or anything with salted caramel.”
Thanks to everyone for entering! Remember – just one contest left to enter!
I’m finishing off my Blogiversary Week with one last giveaway to my current favorite restaurant, which is D Bar in Hillcrest!
But don’t forget about all of the other giveaways from this past week, including:
2 tickets to Bacon Fest at the San Diego County Fair
a bottle of tropical sea salt
2 bottles/cartons of Stremicks Heritage organic milk
1 baking mat for all of your baking needs
Jake and I swung by here on Wednesday night. It wasn’t my original intention to dine here – …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....
- mary: Hahah, I love your comment Jinxi, hoping you run out of gas in the area. I haven’t seen a s’mores cookie or pumpkin pie cookie like these...
- Faye: Free cookie w/ a fill up?! WTF. Why can’t they do that at other gas stations. I love how you give such a comprehensive review on each cookie....
- Jinxi: Wow! That marshmallow swirl looks really yummy (I love goopy melty marshmallow, haha) Hopefully next time I’m in the area, I also happen to...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...