This week marks This Tasty Life’s 7th Blogiversary and I can hardly believe I’ve been blogging for that long! In honor of the blogiversary, I’ll be holding five different giveaways this week. Please stay tuned each day for a new giveaway!
I’m kicking off the week with a giveaway that involves the joy of BACON.
My love of bacon is pretty strong, considering the fact that recently I went on a Bacon Crawl and managed to not OD on bacon or get …
I like chocolate. Maybe a little bit more than a lot. And when I say chocolate, I don’t mean Hershey’s bars – I mean the good stuff! Chuao Chocolatier is one of the companies that has the “good stuff” and they’re sponsoring a “chocolate makeover” contest. Their chocolate bars are now available in select Target stores, making their delicious wares more accessible for everyone!
Chuao is launching a Sweet Makeover sweepstakes with a chance to win a $1,000 designer shopping spree …
This is the first time I’ve ever announced or decided to celebrate – but this blog is now SIX years old. It’s weird to me to think the blog has been around this long. The first two years hardly count though since 2006 had only 5 posts and 2007 had only 6 posts (ooo, one more than the year before). 2008 is when posting started to happen regularly.
It makes me cringe a little to read the old posts and see …
Last fall I had the great honor of being invited to visit Sam the Cooking Guy’s Livecast. I sat in his living room (!) and watched as he cooked and talked with a couple of guests (oh, he also talked to me for some reason). Sam’s so fun to watch – both on his Livecast and on his local cooking show. He’s got such an interesting way of doing things – his show is nothing like the ones you see …
I posted about the Dumpling Inn this week – this post is about it’s sister restaurant, Del Mar Rendezvous. I was invited to come here on behalf of the restaurant and arrangements were made by BAM Communications. Check out the review below and see our special giveaway from Del Mar Rendezvous for San Diego Restaurant Week (January 15-20, 2012) at the end of this post!
Del Mar Rendezvous is a cute little restaurant nestled into a shopping center in downtown Del …
Edit: My anti-spam filter was broken! Sorry to anyone who wasn’t able to enter this weekend. I will extend the giveaway end date to 12PM tomorrow because of this error!
I personally haven’t been to any of the “Taste of XXX Neighborhood” events around town. I keep meaning to, but then things keep popping up and clashing with my lofty plans. This month you can get in on the action by heading Downtown for the “Taste of Downtown“, featuring 56 different …
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Pinkberry has introduced the Pinkberry Swirly Gram, a cute little treat that can be delivered to your loved ones nationwide. We’ve also got a giveaway lined up for one lucky reader – $10 Gift Card to Pinkberry! See details below!
What is a “Swirly Gram”?
“Swirly Grams are Pinkberry frozen yogurt or Pinkberry gift cards wrapped in special Valentine’s packaging with heart-shaped balloons and a hand-written note.”
Customers can choose from the following packages:
“Cupid’s Swirl” – …
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (5)
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!
- Christina: Can’t go wrong with plain ol’crispy thick cut bacon!
- kirbie: Happy Blogiversary!
- leanne: I guess bacon-wrapped bacon would be kind of cheating, huh? Bacon-wrapped dates are probably the one thing I could never pass up. Although,...
- Ronda's Reactions: Have you tried VooDoo donut’s bacon maple bar? Delicious! http://voodoodoughnut.com/doug hnuts.html
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (4)
- mary: We did! It was glorious!
- in-n-out “secret menu” goodness (3)
- Randy: I also find the fresh cut fries at In-N-Out rather unappealing, and also tried the fries well-done one time. I thought they came out way too crunchy...