Welcome to another installment of “Adventures in Groupons” (dun dun dun).
This week, we’ll be visiting the Hammurabi Family Restaurant in El Cajon, CA. Hammurabi offers a number of Mediterranean foods. They have a pretty massive menu with a little bit of everything. On the back of the menu, they have a number of “Feast” meals depending on the number of people in your party.
Well, let me tell you – I think the numbers are off! You’ll see what I mean…
I got the opportunity to try a handful of Honest Tea flavors this summer.
Honest Tea makes its products with all organic products – focusing on the tea and the flavor.
Among the flavors I got to try (from left to right): (Not Too) Sweet Tea, Half & Half, Pomegranate Blue , Orange Mango and Cranberry Lemonade.
Regular sweet tea has always been too much for me – to me, it just tastes like really sweet sugar water. Honest Tea’s version of “sweet …
Opening Day at Del Mar is apparently a big deal.
I’ll be honest – I’ve never really paid attention. I’ve seen the commercials though – the ones singing about Del Mar. And I’ve heard about the “hats” that women wear for opening day. But beyond that, I don’t know a thing about horse racing. All I know about it is from what I’ve seen in the movies Seabiscuit and Secretariat.
But this post isn’t about the races – it’s about one of …
For the Fourth of July this year, I made a few things – including my standby, go-to potluck side dish, the pesto pasta salad. With summer in full swing, I wanted to do a fresh salad with one of summer’s best vegetables – corn on the cob! I whipped up this fresh corn salad in a jiffy – doesn’t take too much to put it together and the taste of fresh, crunchy corn is always a welcome to my tastebuds.
I first read about the Huddle over on Dennis’s blog, A Radiused Corner. It’s been tickling the back of my mind for awhile now. I’ve been searching for a good “go-to” place for breakfast and looking for the elusive “perfect” hash browns after my favorite place for hash browns closed last year.
The Huddle has recently earned a place in my heart with it’s down-home, “sit and stay awhile” feel. This local, family owned restaurant has been around for quite awhile …
At the end of June, our friend Chris flew into town from Tampa to spend a couple of weeks with us. For some reason that I don’t remember, I promised him baked goods on his first night in town. I was going to make red velvet cupcakes since I had some leftover buttermilk but then I thought I should try something else. I stumbled upon this recipe for triple caramel cupcakes and was instantly smitten. Had to make them! Stat!
I hadn’t been to a Dave & Buster’s in years, but I was recently invited to swing on by and to check it out again. I was looking forward to taking Jake, Chris and T for a night out to try out Dave & Buster’s newest menu items and to try out some of their fun, new games this summer!
Let’s get crackin’. There’s a lot of food to cover.
Looking at all of these photos makes me feel the fullness again. …
about this site
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (10)
- jaimee wood: already like Stremick’s on FB
- jaimee wood: liked “this tasty life” on fb
- jaimee wood: my fav is homemade mac & cheese!
- megan: Oops. I mean stremicks.
- megan: I have already been a fan of stemricks on Facebook and I liked this tasty life as well now.
- megan: My favorite dish is homemade mac and cheese.
- Kate B: And I liked Stremicks on facebook as well. (under the name Ka Barr) Thanks again!