Last month I was invited to go to the Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk. Since it was held in mid-May, of course the clouds rolled in early and made for a gray evening. But no matter – Laura and I still did our fare share of walking and visited 13 of the 28 restaurants on the list. Not bad!
[honey goat cheese crostini at moray's in the catamaran hotel]
We started at the end of the list and worked our way …
T had his last little league game this past Saturday in Murphy Canyon. For his various games this season, Jake and I have tried a whole slew of various Mexican restaurants (to bring burritos to watch the games!) and of course it wasn’t until recently we found a finally found a gem.
[murphy canyon field]
It is, in of all places, in Tierrasanta. Before this I considered Tierrasanta to kind of be a wasteland as far as food was concerned. The only …
You know you live in the good old USA when a there’s a National Donut Day. Yeah, we’re crazy.
Crazy for donuts, that is!
I realized recently that I had been to like, three donut shops in the span of two weeks and I got to thinking of doing a donuts post. And when I heard that June 7th was National Donut Day, I felt like the stars were aligning so I could do this mega donut post. So here goes nothing!
I was poking around looking at something on in my RSS reader (which currently is Feedly) and saw a post about Root Beer cookies. A lot of times I’ll bookmark something and go “yeah, I’ll make that” and never do, but the Root Beer cookies kind of gnawed at me. Could a cookie really taste sort of like a soda flavor?
The “magic” ingredient for these cookies?
Root beer concentrate.
Who knew this was a thing?! You can even make homemade root beer …
I had to make a quick trip up to LAX last month and I figured if I was going all the way up to Los Angeles in rush hour traffic, there better at least be some tasty food at the end of the tunnel. A bit of searching led me to two different ideas for places… but we ended up going to Britt’s BBQ in El Segundo since it is right next to the airport. We had an hour to …
The winner of the $25 gift card to D Bar is #22 – Christina (xtina at gmail.com)
Congrats to Christina and to all the winners from last week’s giveaways!
Thanks for helping me celebrating my blogiversary week!
The winner of the silicon baking mat is #26 – Tiffany! Her favorite baked treat? “Cake batter blondies! Or anything with salted caramel.”
Thanks to everyone for entering! Remember – just one contest left to enter!
I don’t remember where I first read about the “cronut”, but apparently it’s all the rage in NYC. At first I thought, “WTF is a CRONUT?!” Then I thought, “Hmm. I bet I could make that, actually…”
A cronut, for those of you that don’t know, is basically a cross between a croissant and a donut – or basically, a deep fried croissant:
When I shared the cronut link with my co-worker and friend, Lauren, she was totally on it and wanted …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.