It’s late and I’m tired, so this post is going to be kind of half assed. Oh well. I hope you forgive me.
Jake and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this week! It’s crazy to think how fast time flies by… hoo boy. I still remember our first date though! It lasted 12 hours (yes, 12!) and we ate lunch, went to the beach, watched a movie and that was just the beginning of six years of friendship and love.
In honor …
My co-worker David really wanted us all to try yakitori at this one spot that he really loved and arranged this outing to Yokohama Yakitori Koubou for us. It’s a Japanese place filled with delicious grilled things on a stick! Meat on a stick – doesn’t that sound awesome?
I’m that one person that always asks for a fork. Chopsticks and I just don’t really get along very well. I’m sure this is because I haven’t ever practiced, but the last …
Sloppy’s Burritos is a new Mexican restaurant in Hillcrest with a focus on serving sustainable, local and healthy ingredients. I was invited recently to come in and try out the food at their new restaurant located on University in the heart of Hillcrest (just across the street from Bread & Cie).
We quickly met up with the co-owner, Matt (aka Sloppy), who introduced us to the restaurant and gave us a quick tour of the menu.
Everything served here is organic, sustainable, …
I got it into my head this year that I wanted my dad to have cupcakes for his birthday. Well, actually, I thought I should get him a Boston Creme Pie and I didn’t think about it ahead of time so I scouted around looking for places that made Boston Creme Pies when I stumbled upon Elizabethan Desserts.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Elizabethan Desserts, but I do remember really liking their cupcakes. I saw on their …
I had the great opportunity to check out 2013 VinDiego Wine and Food Festival this weekend Downtown at the Broadway Pier right on the water amid the gigantic cruise ships and the Midway looming on both sides of the pier. It was a beautiful spot to hold the festival with lots of wineries present doing pours and bits and samples of food throughout the whole affair. Here’s a recap of some of the items Stacey and I tried at the …
Update: Mama Jamaica’s closed at this location last week! According to a Yelper, they lost their lease and they are moving to join with another restaurant soon. On with my review:
- – – – – – – – – – -
I was doing all that Easter posting last week so I’m all out of order with my postings.
Not that you know this or anything. But I’m telling it to you anyway.
This is a co-worker lunch from recent times that I …
I had the opportunity to review a few new products from the San Diego based Sunsweet Bakery. Now I’m sure you probably associate “Sunsweet” with “Prunes” since they usually make a bunch of prune stuff that no one really seems to want to talk about. But they’re coming out with a new line of baked goods that use their “Plum Amazins” products… which… is sort of repacking prunes to be way more hip and appealing to the masses.
You stick the …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....
- mary: Hahah, I love your comment Jinxi, hoping you run out of gas in the area. I haven’t seen a s’mores cookie or pumpkin pie cookie like these...
- Faye: Free cookie w/ a fill up?! WTF. Why can’t they do that at other gas stations. I love how you give such a comprehensive review on each cookie....
- Jinxi: Wow! That marshmallow swirl looks really yummy (I love goopy melty marshmallow, haha) Hopefully next time I’m in the area, I also happen to...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...