San Diego Restaurant Week is upon us yet again! This biannual event is a county wide event, spreading into just about every neighborhood in San Diego county and bringing with it the joy of a three course meal (for dinner – or two courses for lunch). SDRW is a great way to explore new restaurants and try out menus for a set price. There are $20, $30 or $40 menus for dinner as well as $10, $15 or $20 menus …
Pretty much all of my co-workers know that I’m a food blogger but I had never busted out the camera before this meal. Pretty much everyone else I know who dines with me knows “no eating until I take pictures!” rule. It was about time the co-workers get broken in on this rule.
My co-workers let me pick the places we dine at, too. As in, I give them three choices and they vote from the three. I’ve just about exhausted …
I haven’t had much experience with Opera. When I was in high school, I took a class called “Theory of Knowledge” and our teacher, Mr. Icardo, required us to go to a few of the dress rehearsals for the Opera down at the Civic Center as a part of the class… to open up ourselves to things beyond what we were used to, I suppose. As a 16 year old, I sure didn’t regard it with much enthusiasm, but I …
For A.’s 13th birthday, I made her a Skylanders cake. A. and her brother S. got into Skylanders after S. got it for Christmas from Jake and I. She thought Skylanders was lame until she actually played it, and then they both ended up totally adoring the game. Skylanders though – it ain’t cheap. Buying the little figures new is about $10 bucks apiece, but luckily Jake found someone selling them on craigslist for a better deal. You really can …
I don’t go to Rubio’s that often. Once in a blue moon I’ll go on Taco Tuesday and get the original fish tacos for cheap, but they honestly aren’t my favorite. Fish tacos don’t really seem to do it for me, but hey, I’ll try anything again. I got a few coupons to go in and try the tacos again and figured I’d do it and take a friend along with me to check it out.
I got a two-taco combination …
Jones Brothers Mississippi BBQ is a little joint off Euclid Ave. near Lincoln Park. Jake suggested we try this place out last month after he spent some time talking to one of the owners. We’ve passed by this little nondescript BBQ spot a few times when we were on our way to Chula Vista and avoiding the traffic-clogged 805 freeway during rush hour. The smells of BBQ wafting in the air always made our mouths water and we finally had …
Jake and I have driven by Star Dust Donuts probably 3 or 4 times now and every time it was closed.
They have crazy inconsistent hours:
But one magical day in early December, Star Dust was open!
Jake, the kids and I were heading down to Imperial Beach to collect sea shells for a present Jake was making for his mom for Christmas. Since we were going right by, Jake suggested we check and see if Star Dust was open and when I …
about this site
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar (7)
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (30)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (21)
- Jeccica Simpson: Like this post on facebook jeccica skolfield simpson