For the most part, I prefer to make my own popcorn. There’s just something about freshly popped, buttered and salted popcorn that gets me a bit excited. The salty buttery treat is one of my all-time favorites so I’m always happy to try popcorn related products. I was recently sent samples of G.H. Cretors bagged popcorn in caramel flavor, cheese flavor and Chicago Mix.
What is “Chicago Mix” you might be asking? It’s a mixture of both caramel and cheddar popcorn, …
Ramen! Who knew it was more than just that packaged crap that they sell for dirt cheap at the store? There’s actually like an art to it, and a good bowl of ramen (or anything) can make the world a finer place.
I went here with my co-workers first, and then I made Jake and our out-of-towner friend Chris go again just so I could have more ramen in my belly. Ramen Yamadaya is actually a Southern California chain from LA …
Last month I was invited to attend a media dinner at the new Vessel Restaurant inside of the Kona Kai Resort out on Shelter Island. It was a stormy, rainy evening filled with delicious drinks and wines, great company and fantastic food! I brought Heather along to be my hot date for the evening.
These are the menu’s at each place setting so we could drool over the thought of the courses that would be coming our way that evening.
And a …
All right. My week long vacation is now over (sniff sniff) and I need to get back into the swing of things! But first… I’m going to recap what I did on my actual birthday!
Jake planned my birthday afternoon/evening so I had no idea what we were doing that day. I was blindfolded for our first stop and he and our friend Chris walked me (blindfolded) to the spot… which ended up being D Bar!
Crue fries and bacon wrapped dates. …
Hold onto your horses for part two of free birthday goodies! This post entails the sit down places I visited for my free birthday foods.
1) El Torito
The nice thing about a free birthday lunch at El Torito is that you get the additional bonus of chips and salsa. Ohhhh yeah!
Last year, this freebie was good for any menu item up to $12.99. It has been scaled back to any $10.99 combination meal – with this change you have three choices. …
I’m going to do the free birthday stuff over a few posts this time to break it all instead of hitting you with it all at once. Cool? Cool.
Today’s focus will be on the “fast food/take out” version of the freebies.
[salsa verde shrimp tacos combo / $7.99]
Rubio’s is one of the birthday meals that I have done consistently over the last few years. Not much has changed in the terms of what you get, which is a free meal worth …
Today is my birthday.
I was going to do a regular post but then it seemed silly to not acknowledge my own birthday on my own blog. So here I am, acknowledging it.
I was a little freaked out a few years ago when I passed the thirty mark, but now I’m pretty much over it. Life is good. I’m in a good place, I have an awesome family, great friends and co-workers, and a really stellar guy in my life. Things …
Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar opened up in Mission Valley over the summer. It is a part of a Southern California chain and this is the first location to open in San Diego. I was recently invited to come in and check it out for myself. Jake and Maya both got to come with me and we were able to check out the dog-friendly patio at this huge location!
We started the night off with some chicken wings in a …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)