This Tasty Life

king of nablus sweets / el cajon – san diego, ca

1. Darlene says:

I wish I just didn’t read this post. Knowing this place exists is really bad for me plus samples so you can try them all?

Additionally, are those rum balls I see in the display case?

I know, it’s kind of evil to know about this place. It’s in El Cajon though, maybe that will deter you a little? πŸ™‚ We were surprised she gave us all those samples to try and that really made us want to buy some. I’m not sure if they are rum balls, but they very well could be!

2. Carol says:

Hi Mary! Oh man, I’ll take a couple of each kind, please. I love baklava.

3. well then, i’ll just have to find out if those are rumballs! ha ha!

i like the variety of baklava here. my favorite is the rolled up kind or the triangular. i’ve never seen the coiled up one before – it’s pretty.

Hi Carol – Oh, it was good. The rosewater one was a bit too strong for my tastes, but the rest was really delicious!

Hi CC – Haha, I am confident that you will investigate this mystery! I loved the rolled up kind, too. That’s my favorite! The nest-like one was really pretty, too. I also seemed to prefer the pistachio ones.

4. kirbie says:

Ooh, I recommend you also check out Sultan Baklava and Restaurant. Half the restaurant is dining and half is for their desserts which you can buy to go. They have tons of baklava too. So good. And also in El Cajon.

5. mary says:

Oo, thanks for the tip, Kirbie!

6. Alyssa says:

I’ve never heard of cashew baklava, I’d love to try that! I don’t run across baklava very often, but when I do have it, I’m reminded how much I like it because it’s not an overly decadent or heavy dessert.

7. And for the record, those are NOT rum ballz! They are coconut ballz dipped in chocolate! now i must go and devour those cookies we bought today! haha…all in the name of ‘research’!

8. mary says: