Not too long ago I had heard about this new cookie shop opening up… inside of a gas station! I was invited to the grand opening, but wasn’t able to make it in, but then I was offered a chance to come in and sample the cookies.
As if I could possibly turn down a cookie tasting. COME ON.
Zooies is inside of the APRO 26 (76 gas station) which is apart of the United Oil Co. and is located on Market Street …
I was invited recently to go and check out Firehouse Subs, a sandwich shop that’s apart of a larger nationwide chain. The cool thing about Firehouse Subs is how much they give back to the community and their support of local firehouses.
For instance, you can purchase one of these used pickle buckets for $2. All proceeds benefit the Firehouse Subs Public Safety, whose goal is to provide funding, life-saving equipment, disaster assistance and educational opportunities for first responders and public …
Since it’s been awhile since I took some of these photos, I must come to the conclusion I’ll never do a “proper” full-fledged post. And since I’m feeling lazy before the big start of the holidays, you get this mis-match of photos and little stories of a few places I visited with my co-workers.
On Friday’s I give my co-workers a choice between two places – usually places I really want to visit or sound interesting to me. Here’s a few …
A few weeks ago I got an email from Stef of Canarsie Cookies asking if she could send me some of her “brookies”. What the heck is a brookie?! It’s like a brownie and a cookie got drunk one night and had a love child that emerged and they named their baby a “brookie”. Ahh, sweet, sweet drunken love.
Stef sent me some brookies to try. It’s a fusion of peanut butter and chocolate that kind of turned into a …
There are some days when even if it’s stupid hot out… you just have to bake. Because inspiration has struck and you must act on it immediately! Mostly because you want to see if your idea is as good as it sounds in your head. That’s pretty much how these cookies came into being. I read Bakergirl’s latest post about Puffy Sprinkle Sugar Cookies and got inspired… to make the same thing… but with peanut butter and chocolate instead.
It’s not …
I don’t know about you, but when it’s all warm out I don’t feel like doing a whole lot. This includes baking. Turning on the oven sounds like such a horrid idea. It would just make it hotter, you know? Why would I want to deal with that?
But sometimes… I still want some cookies. And Oreo’s don’t always do it for me and my picky self.
I once tried to make some stove top no bake cookies and they turned out …
Jake and I stayed in Palm Springs only one night – so after a very peaceful and restful night at the Riviera, we got started early to try and beat the heat of the day. Originally we went over to a place called Cheeky’s in Downtown Palm Springs, but the prospect of waiting for an hour in the ever-increasing heat was a big turn off for me. We ditched those plans and made our way back down to Palm Desert. …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....