I’m always trying to find different and interesting places to dine and luckily my co-workers are willing to go with me to untested places for lunch. Tropical Star Restaurant & Specialty Market caught my eye because it offered an interesting number of Latin American foods. They feature Puerto Rican food but also have a little bit of “this and that” from other Latin cultures, creating an interesting mix of items available for feeding your belly.
Tropical Star is located in a …
I’ve been too busy baking to do a proper post. Please stop by and visit us in Pacific Beach tomorrow for the San Diego Food Blogger Bake Sale!
My menu for tomorrow:
Hope to see you there!
The first time I ever went to Elidia’s Bakery was because of Jake and his love of trying new taco shops. He wanted to check out this place that can be seen right off Fairmount in City Heights. While the taco shop turned out to be nothing special, I did drag us over to Elidia’s Bakery first for some treats. We’ve back a few times since that first time and I finally snapped a few photos on one of my …
The San Diego Food Blogger’s Bake Sale is upcoming up right around the corner on May 4th, 2013! This will be the third year running for the bake sale and also my third time participating! The bake sale will again be at Great News in Pacific Beach and will feature all kinds of delightfully delicious treats from local San Diego bloggers and bakers alike!
Last year I choose to do an online auction for baked goods, but this year I am …
Two recipe posts in one week?! I must be going batty. Or there’s some kind of holiday on the horizon. Hmm.
Honestly though, I can’t believe I haven’t made Easter treats before this instead of buying all of the candy from the store. In addition to Zombie Bunnies, Jake’s kids will also be getting cookies. Specifically, cookies made with these little gems:
Lucky for me, I already know the kids love these since we took a bag with us to see The …
This time last week, I was home sick. Like, really really sick. Like, I spent five and a half hours in urgent care sick. Come to think of it, I’ve been ill on and off since last December with a cough that just won’t quit. And recently, just went I thought I was getting better, the cough came back on full force to turn around and bite me right in the ass.
I thought the flu had finally come up and …
I wanted to make Jake something unique and special for Valentine’s Day last week. Red Velvet Cupcakes are his favorite dessert so I wanted to do a little twist to that, and turn them into cookies instead. I got the idea to stuff them with caramel because last year for his birthday, I forgot to put the caramel sauce in the middle of his giant caramel cupcake… and he did not let me forget it. Caramel stuffed cookies just sounded …
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...