This time around after another one of Jake’s later night games, we headed out to the Riviera Supper Club in La Mesa for another late night happy hour.
It was Wednesday night – around 9:30PM and there was a live band playing near the front entrance. I felt like a hip adult out for a drink on a weeknight…
… even thought all I had was a Diet Coke. There were no booths in the bar area at first, so we saddled …
The last few softball games Jake has had have been later in the evening – at 8:30PM. This gave us a chance to check out some late night happy hours I’d been curious about.
The first one we went to was at the Lazy Dog Restaurant. They have regular happy hour Monday-Friday from 3 to 6PM. Sunday through Thursday they do a second happy hour from 9PM until close. The menu is the same for both times. Anything with an asterisk …
Jake is here to give us the scoop about Islands Restaurants. We were invited again. I told him he had to write the review this time. So he did.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
Well I am writing my first “official” blog this week for Mary (my awesome girlfriend!) We were invited to Islands for the third time. …
Best Pizza and Brew is a new restaurant that opened in Mira Mesa just a few weeks ago and it’s a nice change of pace from the many, many Asian restaurants that litter the neighborhood. The new pizza joint is a “spin-off” restaurant from the folks of Pizza Nova and offers baked items, salads, subs, pizzas and craft beers on tap.
I actually first saw that Best Pizza and Brew was open while I was on the way to Urgent Care …
The Sneak Joint in Mission Beach is definitely a dive bar. No doubts about it. I don’t mind dive bars, really. I think they’re fun, kitschy and sometimes are very, very surprising. Other times… well, other times you realize the meaning of a “dive bar”.
I bought a groupon for this place but I could not for the life of me remember why or what seemed appealing about it. It was on the verge of expiring so Jake and I went …
Bankers Hill Restaurant has been on my “to-visit” list for quite some time. Ever since I took a pie making class last fall with Rachel Cayhill, the pastry chef there, I’ve been wanting to indulge in her desserts again. I was finally able to come in for a visit with a few friends (Laura and Heather) in tow to check out Bankers Hill for happy hour!
I totally drove right by the first time. It sort of looked like any old …
The Fish Boutique in Scripps Ranch is a relatively new restaurant located in the Trader Joe’s shopping center. It’s one of the many new additions to this little area, giving a little life and blood into what used to be a pretty desolate shopping center. It’s part seafood market and part restaurant. When you visit the website, there’s little to no indication that they serve meals here – but they certainly do.
[Clam Chowder with king crab and baguette / $6.50]
Happy hours are a great way to sample a restaurant’s food without going crazy on the price tag. I did that recently with my friend, Heather. We went to check out a little place in Hillcrest called Tre Porcellini and sampled quite a few of their happy hour specials. Check it out below!
[happy hour menu]
The only thing we didn’t try off the happy hour menu was the Pork Belly, and that’s only because they were out of it that night! …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.