All of the casinos around San Diego have different offers and incentives to entice you into their casino to get you to spend money there. My mom is an avid fan (*ahem*) of the casinos and knows pretty much all of the deals. My dad also keeps track of any specials going on and gave me a coupon for Valley View Casino which was good for a $20 dining credit to the restaurants within the casino.
The kicker is that you …
These are other birthday freebies that I got for my birthday that I didn’t feel warrant their own post but I wanted to put them somewhere. I’ll also talk at the end about a few things that I didn’t take advantage of that are out there for you to get for your birthday, too!
[Chocolate Croissant from Panera Bread]
The My Panera card yields you free goodies throughout the year – not just for your birthday. I’ve gotten free bagels, free coffees, …
This is my last birthday dinner post! There’s one more after this, but this will be the last real, full restaurant post. Aren’t you excited?
This is the birthday deal at the Paradise Grilled in Del Mar, CA. The deal is good for one free dinner entree, up to $25. It’s one per table and you should bring a guest with you to get the deal. I signed up Jake and myself for this deal and you get it about a …
Last year around Thanksgiving, I won a gift certificate to The Pearl Hotel’s restaurant for answering a question about what I was thankful for on Twitter. I finally got around to using the darn thing last week! Stacey joined me for dinner out by the pool where they showed some reruns of “Get Smart” before showing a surfing movie for the evening. It was a perfect night to spend outdoors for dinner and the outdoor heat lamps made it nice …
I was invited again to Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar for one of their Media Mingle dinners. With the new year and a new season, Fleming’s has introduced a new prix fixe menu for the winter season. These items will also be available on the San Diego Restaurant Week menu (plus some additional offerings). Jake and I were excited to be visiting Fleming’s again and were looking forward to another fabulous meal! We again choose to visit the La …
Ahh, Halloween. I still remember the last time I went trick-or-treating. I was 14 and a freshman in high school. I thought I was pushing it a little back then still going trick-or-treating, but I figured I was short enough to pull it off anyway. I didn’t have any money to buy a costume, so I got creative and made my own. What did I go as? A deaf mute. Yes. I wore a sign that said “Trick or Treat!” …
It’s October. My favorite month of the year and not just because it’s my birth month! Fall is my favorite season and October is usually the start of it. Halloween, pumpkins, the starting of the chill in the air, and when I was living in Boston for college, the changing of the leaves.
While I love San Diego and our beautiful weather, I do from time to time miss those changing of the seasonings and Fall makes me miss it the …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....